Sunday, 17 June 2012

recent reads....

its been a while since I posted a 'reading' post and it isn't because I haven't had my head in a book... Ive been going into work early and at 6.05 I'm just about awake!... so the reading has been a little slower and the To Read pile is growing!
I have following last months post now finished the "Fifty" trilogy.. and think that the 3rd book is probably the one I enjoyed the most... it has become a phenomenon with sales now approaching 1million... and I get why, its this century's M&B equivalent, with us all hankering a happy ending, one of mt friends thought it was all a bit tame (so we are now scouring her house for a hidden control room!) which made us laugh lots. I'm now interested in how they will adapt the film and who will play Mr Fifty shades of Grey himself!...
Other reads I want to share are:
  • The Runaway Actress ~ Victoria Connelly - Connie Gordon is an A-list actress who flees Hollywood to a sleepy Scottish village to escape the stresses of LA life.Lochnabrae is the village her mother once lived and now the home of Connie's fan club, where they take the actress under their wing. Its a good read with lots of characters, a real brit flick read... quirky and fun in the realms of Nottinghill... 8/10
  • All that Glitters ~ Ilana Fox - Ella Aldridge is married to one of the Premierships most loved footballers Danny Riding, they are the dream couple... but is it all as it seems?... can life be that perfect? Ella is thrown into the TV and magazine world and meets bad boy of Brit TV Johnny Cooper..where overnight her life unravels...I read this book on a rainy afternoon and loved it... a great pool read (available on kindle now & in paperback from august)... perfect read to whilst away a few hours during euro 2012... lifes not all it seems as a WAG!...8/10
  • Pear Shaped ~ Stella Newman - this is the first novel from Stella and its a great read, its not your typical chicklit, it tackles some serious issues,with warmth, wit and a very british humour!... Sophie walks into a bar one night and meets James.. a guy that in her mind is too good to be true!... maybe she should have stuck with her 1st impression?... Sophies other thorn in her side is her boss... who makes David Brent look warm & fluffy... a tale of love, heartbreak and food!... a must for anyone who's loved too much, lost a little and eaten far too much dessert!...9/10
In the back of Stella's book are some fabulous eateries in London & New York which I have devoured as most of you know I'm a London girl with her a little bit of her heart in New York... so cant wait to check some of these out... also check out Stella's blog which is delicious.
so whats on your reading list this month?......

3 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Love your book reviews Teresa. Thanks to you I'm on book 3 of the Grey trilogy and loving it. Can't wait to find out how it ends. Just wish I could read as fast as you.

whatshappeningatmyhouse said...

I enjoyed the Fifty trio, too - though I found the writing a bit poor. Looking forward very much to the film. Wonder who they'll get to play Christian - I can just see Jonathan Rhys Meyers in that role!

Florence and Mary said...

So funny you said the 3rd was your fave, it was my least... took me twice as long as the others to read! I did enjoy them but I'm confused why they've caused such a stir and become such a hit as they are a bit repetitive but definitely can't wait for the films!!

Victoria xxx

Sunday, 17 June 2012

recent reads....

its been a while since I posted a 'reading' post and it isn't because I haven't had my head in a book... Ive been going into work early and at 6.05 I'm just about awake!... so the reading has been a little slower and the To Read pile is growing!
I have following last months post now finished the "Fifty" trilogy.. and think that the 3rd book is probably the one I enjoyed the most... it has become a phenomenon with sales now approaching 1million... and I get why, its this century's M&B equivalent, with us all hankering a happy ending, one of mt friends thought it was all a bit tame (so we are now scouring her house for a hidden control room!) which made us laugh lots. I'm now interested in how they will adapt the film and who will play Mr Fifty shades of Grey himself!...
Other reads I want to share are:
  • The Runaway Actress ~ Victoria Connelly - Connie Gordon is an A-list actress who flees Hollywood to a sleepy Scottish village to escape the stresses of LA life.Lochnabrae is the village her mother once lived and now the home of Connie's fan club, where they take the actress under their wing. Its a good read with lots of characters, a real brit flick read... quirky and fun in the realms of Nottinghill... 8/10
  • All that Glitters ~ Ilana Fox - Ella Aldridge is married to one of the Premierships most loved footballers Danny Riding, they are the dream couple... but is it all as it seems?... can life be that perfect? Ella is thrown into the TV and magazine world and meets bad boy of Brit TV Johnny Cooper..where overnight her life unravels...I read this book on a rainy afternoon and loved it... a great pool read (available on kindle now & in paperback from august)... perfect read to whilst away a few hours during euro 2012... lifes not all it seems as a WAG!...8/10
  • Pear Shaped ~ Stella Newman - this is the first novel from Stella and its a great read, its not your typical chicklit, it tackles some serious issues,with warmth, wit and a very british humour!... Sophie walks into a bar one night and meets James.. a guy that in her mind is too good to be true!... maybe she should have stuck with her 1st impression?... Sophies other thorn in her side is her boss... who makes David Brent look warm & fluffy... a tale of love, heartbreak and food!... a must for anyone who's loved too much, lost a little and eaten far too much dessert!...9/10
In the back of Stella's book are some fabulous eateries in London & New York which I have devoured as most of you know I'm a London girl with her a little bit of her heart in New York... so cant wait to check some of these out... also check out Stella's blog which is delicious.
so whats on your reading list this month?......

3 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Love your book reviews Teresa. Thanks to you I'm on book 3 of the Grey trilogy and loving it. Can't wait to find out how it ends. Just wish I could read as fast as you.

whatshappeningatmyhouse said...

I enjoyed the Fifty trio, too - though I found the writing a bit poor. Looking forward very much to the film. Wonder who they'll get to play Christian - I can just see Jonathan Rhys Meyers in that role!

Florence and Mary said...

So funny you said the 3rd was your fave, it was my least... took me twice as long as the others to read! I did enjoy them but I'm confused why they've caused such a stir and become such a hit as they are a bit repetitive but definitely can't wait for the films!!

Victoria xxx