Friday, 27 July 2012

Time to celebrate....

Today is the day that we have counted down from over the last 7 years. Yes the 2012 London Olympics is here. Am I excited...yes, Am I proud to be British ...yes!
London & the UK will never look better.... It hard to explain the atmosphere in London this week... Unlike anything I have seen or felt before...Today my day has been full of celebration and surprises, quaint essentially British! featuring Pimms, catching up with my oldest friend & boys on the Selfridges roof. Full English,celebratory breakfast with my team to think them for their hard work over the last few weeks, Torches and then the anticipation of the Opening Ceremony tonight.I will be spending tonight in Hyde Park at the opening concert featuring Paolo Natini (Scotland), Stereophonics (Wales), Snow Patrol (northern Ireland) and representing Great Britain - Duran Duran....

hence the excitement!.....
Here's some snapshots of my day....Alternative & English breakfast!....Holding the Olympic Torch in the big yellow store and Pimms on the roof!


So Here's to the Olympics,and being proud to be British and getting behind all our athletes in both the Olympics and Paralympics. enjoy the Opening Ceremony and any special events, bbqs, gatherings with family and friends that you are going to over the next 6 weeks... Enjoy the sport it will be fantastic!... Once in a lifetime experience.... Pop back over the weekend for my tales from the Park!.... Off now to get ready for the Duran boys!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

I bet you had a wonderful time.
I'm not a great Olympics fan unless it's the Winter Olympics, but feel a tinge of a missed opportunity now I know the 'equestrian bit' is at Greenwich!
But London IS looking fantastic and I hope it shows the rest of the world 'how it's done'!
Z xx

Florence and Mary said...

Looks like you've definitely got Olympics fever! I was refusing to watch the opening ceremony but got completely swept up in it!

Victoria xxx

Friday, 27 July 2012

Time to celebrate....

Today is the day that we have counted down from over the last 7 years. Yes the 2012 London Olympics is here. Am I excited...yes, Am I proud to be British ...yes!
London & the UK will never look better.... It hard to explain the atmosphere in London this week... Unlike anything I have seen or felt before...Today my day has been full of celebration and surprises, quaint essentially British! featuring Pimms, catching up with my oldest friend & boys on the Selfridges roof. Full English,celebratory breakfast with my team to think them for their hard work over the last few weeks, Torches and then the anticipation of the Opening Ceremony tonight.I will be spending tonight in Hyde Park at the opening concert featuring Paolo Natini (Scotland), Stereophonics (Wales), Snow Patrol (northern Ireland) and representing Great Britain - Duran Duran....

hence the excitement!.....
Here's some snapshots of my day....Alternative & English breakfast!....Holding the Olympic Torch in the big yellow store and Pimms on the roof!


So Here's to the Olympics,and being proud to be British and getting behind all our athletes in both the Olympics and Paralympics. enjoy the Opening Ceremony and any special events, bbqs, gatherings with family and friends that you are going to over the next 6 weeks... Enjoy the sport it will be fantastic!... Once in a lifetime experience.... Pop back over the weekend for my tales from the Park!.... Off now to get ready for the Duran boys!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

I bet you had a wonderful time.
I'm not a great Olympics fan unless it's the Winter Olympics, but feel a tinge of a missed opportunity now I know the 'equestrian bit' is at Greenwich!
But London IS looking fantastic and I hope it shows the rest of the world 'how it's done'!
Z xx

Florence and Mary said...

Looks like you've definitely got Olympics fever! I was refusing to watch the opening ceremony but got completely swept up in it!

Victoria xxx