Sunday, 26 August 2012

Cakes & recent Bakes...

so along with the Olympics, work and life I have had a few family gatherings which have required cake in recent weeks...
July saw my God-daughter hit 18 and the request was " don't mind as long as it has pink, purple & black on it"... think I delivered...
a fun and funky cake for a 18 year old... chocolate & strawberry flavours inside....
August saw my Mum celebrate her Silver wedding anniversary.... she has 2 requests, cupcakes to take along to her social club and then a cake for her garden party....
Bottom tier cake was fruit and the top 2 were chocolate, appealing to a wide range of gusts!... cupcakes were a mixture of lemon and chocolate with silver 25's, hearts and balls... flowers were hand made then wired to sit on the cake, with a diamante 25.
Inbetween both events saw myself and my best friend celebrate birthdays within a week of each other... she is 6 days younger and for the last 30 years has reminded me annually!!!... as it was in the middle of the Olympics ... red velvet Olympic cupcakes were made!
all were a hit and everyone was happy..... job done!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Your cakes are just amazing. You're in the wrong profession. I'm sure your cakes went down a treat. Concerning your most recent post, maybe you should enter the Great British Bake Off. You've definitely got the talent.

Clair said...

WOW your cakes are truly amazing! xxx

Sunday, 26 August 2012

Cakes & recent Bakes...

so along with the Olympics, work and life I have had a few family gatherings which have required cake in recent weeks...
July saw my God-daughter hit 18 and the request was " don't mind as long as it has pink, purple & black on it"... think I delivered...
a fun and funky cake for a 18 year old... chocolate & strawberry flavours inside....
August saw my Mum celebrate her Silver wedding anniversary.... she has 2 requests, cupcakes to take along to her social club and then a cake for her garden party....
Bottom tier cake was fruit and the top 2 were chocolate, appealing to a wide range of gusts!... cupcakes were a mixture of lemon and chocolate with silver 25's, hearts and balls... flowers were hand made then wired to sit on the cake, with a diamante 25.
Inbetween both events saw myself and my best friend celebrate birthdays within a week of each other... she is 6 days younger and for the last 30 years has reminded me annually!!!... as it was in the middle of the Olympics ... red velvet Olympic cupcakes were made!
all were a hit and everyone was happy..... job done!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Your cakes are just amazing. You're in the wrong profession. I'm sure your cakes went down a treat. Concerning your most recent post, maybe you should enter the Great British Bake Off. You've definitely got the talent.

Clair said...

WOW your cakes are truly amazing! xxx