Friday, 31 August 2012

Orbital view of Olympic Park...

During one of my trips to the Olympic Park I was fortunate enough to secure a ticket to the Orbit, love it or loath it the Orbit is now an iconic image of the London 2012 Olympics... although the day was warm it was a little overcast, however this did not distract from the view across the park and London.
Once the lift has ascended to the top the semi panoramic views around are stunning, and look forward to returning when it re-opens in 2014. I chose to walk down the structure, but can honestly say that half way down I wish that I had opted for the lift!
As well as an iconic structure one of the other lasting legacy's of the park will be its nature areas. With many walkways off the main promenade in the park taking you through wild meadows and waterways you could see that a huge amount of natural landscaping had taken place to create a park wetlands for future generations. With strawberry plants growing alongside heather and daisy's it really was quintessentially British!
I have had an amazing summer at the Olympics & Paralympics it really has been a magical moment on my doorstep.

No comments:

Friday, 31 August 2012

Orbital view of Olympic Park...

During one of my trips to the Olympic Park I was fortunate enough to secure a ticket to the Orbit, love it or loath it the Orbit is now an iconic image of the London 2012 Olympics... although the day was warm it was a little overcast, however this did not distract from the view across the park and London.
Once the lift has ascended to the top the semi panoramic views around are stunning, and look forward to returning when it re-opens in 2014. I chose to walk down the structure, but can honestly say that half way down I wish that I had opted for the lift!
As well as an iconic structure one of the other lasting legacy's of the park will be its nature areas. With many walkways off the main promenade in the park taking you through wild meadows and waterways you could see that a huge amount of natural landscaping had taken place to create a park wetlands for future generations. With strawberry plants growing alongside heather and daisy's it really was quintessentially British!
I have had an amazing summer at the Olympics & Paralympics it really has been a magical moment on my doorstep.

No comments: