Saturday, 25 August 2012

Summer Reads....

It feels like I've been doing a lot of reading and not a lot of blogging!... my read pile is huge and I'm slowly working my way through blogging about the books that I have read this summer... here are a few that kept me entertained through the Olympic commute and summer holidays...
Carole Matthews ~ Summer daydreams ( this is the 3rd cover for this book and my favourite for this summer!) Nell Mcnamara is a mum to Petal and girlfriend to Olly and spends her life working in the local fish & chip shop. When she gets the opportunity to let her creative flair makeover the chip shop nothing can prepare her for whats to come next & can dreams really come true!...ad it features handbags!!!!
Lindsey Kelk ~ I heart London ...I'm a huge fan of Lindsey's I Heart series and this didn't disappoint, starting in New York we meet Angela again, who has a Visa issue which sees her returning to London and facing all the things that she ran away from before New York, Paris & Vegas!... its time to face the past! full of chaos in true Angela style.. a great summer read. The travel tips at the back are an added bonus!
James Patterson ~ Private Games .. every now and then I have to dip into a thriller and JP is one of my chosen authors, this book is full of intrigue, suspense. With key personnel from the London Olympic Committee found dead on the eve of the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics the hunt is on to find the assassin and save the games. A thrilling read,... thankfully not real life!
Kate Lace ~ Cox ... a romp of a read following the exploits of Dan. Amy and Rollo members of St George's rowing club as they compete for places in the London 2012 Olympic rowing squad... loved this book and Kate Lace is the Jilly Cooper of the rowing world... if you were gripped like me daily watching the fun at Eton Dorney during the summer then this a must read for you.
happy reading x

No comments:

Saturday, 25 August 2012

Summer Reads....

It feels like I've been doing a lot of reading and not a lot of blogging!... my read pile is huge and I'm slowly working my way through blogging about the books that I have read this summer... here are a few that kept me entertained through the Olympic commute and summer holidays...
Carole Matthews ~ Summer daydreams ( this is the 3rd cover for this book and my favourite for this summer!) Nell Mcnamara is a mum to Petal and girlfriend to Olly and spends her life working in the local fish & chip shop. When she gets the opportunity to let her creative flair makeover the chip shop nothing can prepare her for whats to come next & can dreams really come true!...ad it features handbags!!!!
Lindsey Kelk ~ I heart London ...I'm a huge fan of Lindsey's I Heart series and this didn't disappoint, starting in New York we meet Angela again, who has a Visa issue which sees her returning to London and facing all the things that she ran away from before New York, Paris & Vegas!... its time to face the past! full of chaos in true Angela style.. a great summer read. The travel tips at the back are an added bonus!
James Patterson ~ Private Games .. every now and then I have to dip into a thriller and JP is one of my chosen authors, this book is full of intrigue, suspense. With key personnel from the London Olympic Committee found dead on the eve of the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics the hunt is on to find the assassin and save the games. A thrilling read,... thankfully not real life!
Kate Lace ~ Cox ... a romp of a read following the exploits of Dan. Amy and Rollo members of St George's rowing club as they compete for places in the London 2012 Olympic rowing squad... loved this book and Kate Lace is the Jilly Cooper of the rowing world... if you were gripped like me daily watching the fun at Eton Dorney during the summer then this a must read for you.
happy reading x

No comments: