Sunday, 19 August 2012

Top Hat...

Friday evening saw me take a trip to the theatre to see the musical Top Hat and it was always going to be a little bit emotional. The movie and songs a favourite from childhood, my Nan loved Fred & Ginger and I have fond  memories of my Gramps waltzing my Nan round the kitchen, dancing cheek to cheek.
London on Friday night was sweltering, but thankfully the beautiful Aldwych theatre has very good air con, aiding comfortable viewing!
Tom Chambers and Summer Strallen head the cast assisted by a fabulous ensemble who transport you back to the 1930's with effortless style and glamour. Packed full of Irving Berlins classics's, Let's face the music and dance, Cheek to Cheek, Top Hat and White Tie and tails you cannot fail to tap and sing along.

This musical comedy is full of fun, romance and glamour... it will have you tapping in your seats. Tom Chambers showcases his dancing skills which bought him legions of fans in Strictly, but also what a versatile actor he is. Summer Strallon is effortless as "Ginger" and is made for this role... the supporting actors and ensemble are fabulous, the dancing is amazing.... I cannot rave about this musical enough....can you tell that I loved it!
Here is a snippet of this fabulous musical....
a fabulous night out.... made me want to dig my tap shoes out the back of the cupboard!

No comments:

Sunday, 19 August 2012

Top Hat...

Friday evening saw me take a trip to the theatre to see the musical Top Hat and it was always going to be a little bit emotional. The movie and songs a favourite from childhood, my Nan loved Fred & Ginger and I have fond  memories of my Gramps waltzing my Nan round the kitchen, dancing cheek to cheek.
London on Friday night was sweltering, but thankfully the beautiful Aldwych theatre has very good air con, aiding comfortable viewing!
Tom Chambers and Summer Strallen head the cast assisted by a fabulous ensemble who transport you back to the 1930's with effortless style and glamour. Packed full of Irving Berlins classics's, Let's face the music and dance, Cheek to Cheek, Top Hat and White Tie and tails you cannot fail to tap and sing along.

This musical comedy is full of fun, romance and glamour... it will have you tapping in your seats. Tom Chambers showcases his dancing skills which bought him legions of fans in Strictly, but also what a versatile actor he is. Summer Strallon is effortless as "Ginger" and is made for this role... the supporting actors and ensemble are fabulous, the dancing is amazing.... I cannot rave about this musical enough....can you tell that I loved it!
Here is a snippet of this fabulous musical....
a fabulous night out.... made me want to dig my tap shoes out the back of the cupboard!

No comments: