Friday, 14 September 2012

Walking with Wenlock...

Sunday I was determined to enjoy the last of the British summer and the Paralympics by taking a stroll along the Thames.
Exiting at Blackfriars I crossed the bridge onto the Southbank and strolled along the river.It was quite early so it was comfortable to walk and people watch. The stall holders were busy setting up for their day at the Thames festival. It was lovely to be out in the sunshine/shade bimbling along the river bank. As I got to the London Eye, I came across my first Wenlock of the day! and decided to walk the Pink route to discover the Wenlocks. This would take me to Lambeth bridge and across, to the back of Westminster.
As you can see the weather was glorious, the Pink route would include:
  • Big Ben Wenlock
  • Underwater Wenlock
  • Speaker Wenlock
  • Tudor Wenlock
  • Doctor Wenlock
  • Garden Wenlock
  • A-Z Wenlock
  • Victorian Wenlock
  • Household Cavalry Wenlock
  • Westminster Wenlock
  • the walk was lovely and I had great fun photographing all the Wenlocks!... Finishing in the Park adjacent to the Houses of Parliament I walked up to Westminster I caught the last loop of the Paralympic marathon... and just caught where David Weir went into the lead. The atmosphere was electric.
From Westminster I walked down the Embankment and into Victoria embankment park for a drink and a brief sit down. Here were more Wenlocks & Mandeville's.Somerset House Mandeville,Cleopatra's Needle Wenlock, Embankment Wenlock along with 2 fabulous flowering bikes.
Day was finished with a spot of Brunch and then a long cool drink on the terrace of Tom Aitken's at Somerset House

a perfect summer Sunday.....

No comments:

Friday, 14 September 2012

Walking with Wenlock...

Sunday I was determined to enjoy the last of the British summer and the Paralympics by taking a stroll along the Thames.
Exiting at Blackfriars I crossed the bridge onto the Southbank and strolled along the river.It was quite early so it was comfortable to walk and people watch. The stall holders were busy setting up for their day at the Thames festival. It was lovely to be out in the sunshine/shade bimbling along the river bank. As I got to the London Eye, I came across my first Wenlock of the day! and decided to walk the Pink route to discover the Wenlocks. This would take me to Lambeth bridge and across, to the back of Westminster.
As you can see the weather was glorious, the Pink route would include:
  • Big Ben Wenlock
  • Underwater Wenlock
  • Speaker Wenlock
  • Tudor Wenlock
  • Doctor Wenlock
  • Garden Wenlock
  • A-Z Wenlock
  • Victorian Wenlock
  • Household Cavalry Wenlock
  • Westminster Wenlock
  • the walk was lovely and I had great fun photographing all the Wenlocks!... Finishing in the Park adjacent to the Houses of Parliament I walked up to Westminster I caught the last loop of the Paralympic marathon... and just caught where David Weir went into the lead. The atmosphere was electric.
From Westminster I walked down the Embankment and into Victoria embankment park for a drink and a brief sit down. Here were more Wenlocks & Mandeville's.Somerset House Mandeville,Cleopatra's Needle Wenlock, Embankment Wenlock along with 2 fabulous flowering bikes.
Day was finished with a spot of Brunch and then a long cool drink on the terrace of Tom Aitken's at Somerset House

a perfect summer Sunday.....

No comments: