Sunday, 16 September 2012

Weekend round up

This weekend was my catch-up weekend... for many reasons I just needed a down-time weekend. This week I had some extensive dental surgery which resulted in me representing a chipmunk for the later part of the week and Florence went in for its MOT & service, both prooving more costly than anticipated. Washing machine has packed up and even though I've took it apart today, cleaned it etc its still not happy so I think it's gone to the washing machine world in the sky!
What this weekend has allowed me to do is indulge and catch-up on some series linked recordings and read a book!
This weekends read has been Veronica Henry's The Long Weekend, which I loved. This follows on from one of Veronica's early books Love on the Rocks, but can easily be read as a stand alone. Claire and Luca  have an idyllic beautiful boutique hotel in a Cornish village, however life isn't as idyllic as they think. Guests arrive for a long weekend with last consequence...... its a great read and will make you want to weekend away!... sheer escapism and great to catch up with two characters that you felt you knew within minutes of the first chapter.
My second indulgence was The Last Weekend starring Rupert Penry Jones.... billed as a psychological thriller it did have you guessing throughout. With a twist half hour from the end it did keep you guessing as to which of the 2 male lead characters would die.... Although set in a different environment this 3 parter did have the feel of a play I saw a couple of years ago starring RPJ called the Priory which also involved a group of friends meeting up after a longtime, again with disastrous consequences.... RPJ was great, and the gratuitous naked shot always works a treat!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hun I hope you are ok after your surgery?

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Weekend round up

This weekend was my catch-up weekend... for many reasons I just needed a down-time weekend. This week I had some extensive dental surgery which resulted in me representing a chipmunk for the later part of the week and Florence went in for its MOT & service, both prooving more costly than anticipated. Washing machine has packed up and even though I've took it apart today, cleaned it etc its still not happy so I think it's gone to the washing machine world in the sky!
What this weekend has allowed me to do is indulge and catch-up on some series linked recordings and read a book!
This weekends read has been Veronica Henry's The Long Weekend, which I loved. This follows on from one of Veronica's early books Love on the Rocks, but can easily be read as a stand alone. Claire and Luca  have an idyllic beautiful boutique hotel in a Cornish village, however life isn't as idyllic as they think. Guests arrive for a long weekend with last consequence...... its a great read and will make you want to weekend away!... sheer escapism and great to catch up with two characters that you felt you knew within minutes of the first chapter.
My second indulgence was The Last Weekend starring Rupert Penry Jones.... billed as a psychological thriller it did have you guessing throughout. With a twist half hour from the end it did keep you guessing as to which of the 2 male lead characters would die.... Although set in a different environment this 3 parter did have the feel of a play I saw a couple of years ago starring RPJ called the Priory which also involved a group of friends meeting up after a longtime, again with disastrous consequences.... RPJ was great, and the gratuitous naked shot always works a treat!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hun I hope you are ok after your surgery?