Thursday, 4 October 2012

A pleasurable evening...

A couple of weeks ago, I was lucy enough to get a ticket to go to the Leicester Square theatre to meet my teenager heart throb John Taylor and listen to him talk about his just published autobiography In the PLeasure Groove.... even now in my 40's I got a fizzy excitement just at the thought... yes I know he's looking a little jaded, but aren't we all!

Having now finished the book, which is a gripping read.... at their height and glamour Duran Duran were one of the most successful popular bands in the world and can still draw crowds in the 10's of thousands. A drink and drug addiction which defies belief of how JT can possibly still be alive.
Fab evening, Great read a must for any Duranie!... here's a  brief clip of JT reading from his book
here's a great interview with JT about his book:
such a tizzy I left my camera at home so had to resort to phone pics which werent too great..

1 comment:

A garden just outside Venice said...

How lucky to get to see DD so many times!!!
Jaded??? Who cares? :)
Ciao Teresa!
x

Thursday, 4 October 2012

A pleasurable evening...

A couple of weeks ago, I was lucy enough to get a ticket to go to the Leicester Square theatre to meet my teenager heart throb John Taylor and listen to him talk about his just published autobiography In the PLeasure Groove.... even now in my 40's I got a fizzy excitement just at the thought... yes I know he's looking a little jaded, but aren't we all!

Having now finished the book, which is a gripping read.... at their height and glamour Duran Duran were one of the most successful popular bands in the world and can still draw crowds in the 10's of thousands. A drink and drug addiction which defies belief of how JT can possibly still be alive.
Fab evening, Great read a must for any Duranie!... here's a  brief clip of JT reading from his book
here's a great interview with JT about his book:
such a tizzy I left my camera at home so had to resort to phone pics which werent too great..

1 comment:

A garden just outside Venice said...

How lucky to get to see DD so many times!!!
Jaded??? Who cares? :)
Ciao Teresa!
x