Monday, 15 October 2012

Skyflight over London

It's hard to believe looking at the blue sky in these photo's that this was only a week ago in London. The weather has turned and Winter is now rapidly approaching. After a hectic couple of weeks at work I grabbed a much needed day off and headed over the water to Greenwich. "Over the water" was exactly what i did by travelling on the new cable car route which links the east of London with the south. I did have a momentary panic half up the incline that I wanted to get off!... The views are spectacular across London and I was luck to grab a car all to myself.
Once of the other side I took a wander around Greenwich taking in the newly renovated Cutty sark. I climbed the steep hill to the observatory where autumn was just showing its colours in the park and across the London landscape.


After a late lunch it was time for me to head back to the O2 for an evening with Cirque de Soleil and its Michael Jackson show. Having never seen Cirque before I was intrigued to see what the fuss was about. The show was ok, there were moments of jaw dropping spectacle, and the music and dancing was fun and entertaining however I'm not sure if I would see them again. 


No comments:

Monday, 15 October 2012

Skyflight over London

It's hard to believe looking at the blue sky in these photo's that this was only a week ago in London. The weather has turned and Winter is now rapidly approaching. After a hectic couple of weeks at work I grabbed a much needed day off and headed over the water to Greenwich. "Over the water" was exactly what i did by travelling on the new cable car route which links the east of London with the south. I did have a momentary panic half up the incline that I wanted to get off!... The views are spectacular across London and I was luck to grab a car all to myself.
Once of the other side I took a wander around Greenwich taking in the newly renovated Cutty sark. I climbed the steep hill to the observatory where autumn was just showing its colours in the park and across the London landscape.


After a late lunch it was time for me to head back to the O2 for an evening with Cirque de Soleil and its Michael Jackson show. Having never seen Cirque before I was intrigued to see what the fuss was about. The show was ok, there were moments of jaw dropping spectacle, and the music and dancing was fun and entertaining however I'm not sure if I would see them again. 


No comments: