Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Festive foodies....

I am the first to say I am not the easiest person to buy for, early last year I was gifted a voucher towards a cookery class at the Waitrose Cookery School .Having been on a couple of courses previously my friend knew that I would love this. After much deliberation I booked on to the "festive food gifts" morning, which was a couple of weeks before Christmas.
On a cold and wet Friday morning this was a welcome treat. There was a lively festive atmosphere which stayed throughout the morning and certainly banished the cold & grey outside. The support team were great and the coffee, it mince pies and treats throughout the morning added to the holiday feel.
 

Eleni was our chef of the day, she was very patient, knowledgable and shared in our fun throughout the morning. Our recipes for the morning were:
  • Orange & Apricot Chutney
  • Salted chocolate ganache logs
  • Gingerbread biscuits
  • Orange & sour cherry fudge 

I learnt lots throughout the morning and would definitely tackle these recipes at home again. had a great morning and the treated went down a treat in the office!...
I really enjoy this cookery school, and looks like a lot of other chefs do too!... Love the messages on the stairwell pictures.

No comments:

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Festive foodies....

I am the first to say I am not the easiest person to buy for, early last year I was gifted a voucher towards a cookery class at the Waitrose Cookery School .Having been on a couple of courses previously my friend knew that I would love this. After much deliberation I booked on to the "festive food gifts" morning, which was a couple of weeks before Christmas.
On a cold and wet Friday morning this was a welcome treat. There was a lively festive atmosphere which stayed throughout the morning and certainly banished the cold & grey outside. The support team were great and the coffee, it mince pies and treats throughout the morning added to the holiday feel.
 

Eleni was our chef of the day, she was very patient, knowledgable and shared in our fun throughout the morning. Our recipes for the morning were:
  • Orange & Apricot Chutney
  • Salted chocolate ganache logs
  • Gingerbread biscuits
  • Orange & sour cherry fudge 

I learnt lots throughout the morning and would definitely tackle these recipes at home again. had a great morning and the treated went down a treat in the office!...
I really enjoy this cookery school, and looks like a lot of other chefs do too!... Love the messages on the stairwell pictures.

No comments: