Saturday, 16 March 2013

Serendipity

Means a 'happy accident' or "pleasant surprise"; specifically the accident of finding something good or useful while not specified or searching for.... It is also the name of one of my favourite holiday movies and the venue of the best frozen hot chocolate you are ever likely to taste whilst in New a york.
Serendipity is located behind Bloomingales on 225 E60th. It's a tiny venue which is a bit like a tardis (bigger on the inside than it looks)... kitsch, eclectic and twinkly... You feel like you are dining in Alice's wonderland. You often have to queue for a table but the desserts alone are worth the wait.
On my first night in New York I ended up in Serendipity's for dinner... Perfect burger followed by scrumptious iced hot chocolate.( so big I couldn't finish it!)
This wasn't my only taste of Serendipity during my week.....
Midweek during my trip my best friend and her partner where also flying into New York. We had mad loose plans to meet up on the Thursday afternoon and evening. On the Wednesday evening I was hurrying across 5th avenue after watching the Car fire .Whilst waiting at a stop sign i heard a couple behind me talking about the fire, when I turned round it was bestie J & Den... Over the 3 days without sharing plans we bumped into each other on 3 other occasions, Century 21, Bloomingdales and World trade centre... Serendipity of all kinds!


1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Isn't Serendipty fab. When mum and I finally tracked it down on our last visit we couldn't resist buyig the cookbooks and the owner/author was there to sign them for us.

Fingers crossed I'm returning to NY in December :o)

Victoria xx

Saturday, 16 March 2013

Serendipity

Means a 'happy accident' or "pleasant surprise"; specifically the accident of finding something good or useful while not specified or searching for.... It is also the name of one of my favourite holiday movies and the venue of the best frozen hot chocolate you are ever likely to taste whilst in New a york.
Serendipity is located behind Bloomingales on 225 E60th. It's a tiny venue which is a bit like a tardis (bigger on the inside than it looks)... kitsch, eclectic and twinkly... You feel like you are dining in Alice's wonderland. You often have to queue for a table but the desserts alone are worth the wait.
On my first night in New York I ended up in Serendipity's for dinner... Perfect burger followed by scrumptious iced hot chocolate.( so big I couldn't finish it!)
This wasn't my only taste of Serendipity during my week.....
Midweek during my trip my best friend and her partner where also flying into New York. We had mad loose plans to meet up on the Thursday afternoon and evening. On the Wednesday evening I was hurrying across 5th avenue after watching the Car fire .Whilst waiting at a stop sign i heard a couple behind me talking about the fire, when I turned round it was bestie J & Den... Over the 3 days without sharing plans we bumped into each other on 3 other occasions, Century 21, Bloomingdales and World trade centre... Serendipity of all kinds!


1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Isn't Serendipty fab. When mum and I finally tracked it down on our last visit we couldn't resist buyig the cookbooks and the owner/author was there to sign them for us.

Fingers crossed I'm returning to NY in December :o)

Victoria xx