Tuesday, 7 May 2013

A member of the family...

Todays Blog every day in May post is first pet. Those that have pets or have had pets will know that they become a member of the family, especially dogs. My first pet was a dog called Sally. We were given her as a present on our first birthday. I'm not sure by who i think it was my Grandad and looking back question the madness of giving a single mum with 1 year old twins a 6 month old puppy .... But it worked.

Sally a Collie/Labrador mongrel became part of the family and she loved us with utmost loyalty, I can't remember any part of my childhood that she wasn't part of. We grew up with lots of other pets, rabbits, guinea pigs, and cats but Sally held a special place in my heart... She left us when she was 14,  and it was heartbreaking... My mum never replaced her, because to us she was irreplaceable.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Sellers said...

Aw, Sally looked adorable. How lovely that you had a pet that you grew up with.

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

A member of the family...

Todays Blog every day in May post is first pet. Those that have pets or have had pets will know that they become a member of the family, especially dogs. My first pet was a dog called Sally. We were given her as a present on our first birthday. I'm not sure by who i think it was my Grandad and looking back question the madness of giving a single mum with 1 year old twins a 6 month old puppy .... But it worked.

Sally a Collie/Labrador mongrel became part of the family and she loved us with utmost loyalty, I can't remember any part of my childhood that she wasn't part of. We grew up with lots of other pets, rabbits, guinea pigs, and cats but Sally held a special place in my heart... She left us when she was 14,  and it was heartbreaking... My mum never replaced her, because to us she was irreplaceable.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Sellers said...

Aw, Sally looked adorable. How lovely that you had a pet that you grew up with.