Monday, 13 May 2013

It's the little things....

that can still make a difference. Today's blog challenge is "Green"... Over the past decade at least, "recyclable""sustainable", "carbon footprint" "green house gas" has formed part of people's vocabulary... But what does that mean in our everyday lives. Do we do enough to be environmentally conscious and does it make a difference?... Over the past few years I have become more socially aware of the Green elements of my life... I use the multiple wheelie bins for the rubbish, recyclables, glass, paper & garden waste. My rubbish bin wastage is now minimal. I compost what I can and I am conscious of wasting water. .. I'm trying to walk more and use the car less. When food shopping I now plan my weeks meals to ensure that food waste is to a minimum and are conscious of food miles when purchasing. I try to buy local and seasonal as much as possible and would like to eventually grow a few of my own veggies. .....

I am hoping that the stuff I do everyday makes a little difference and goes some way to offsetting my New York carbon footprint!...
A friend of mine is an oceanologist with a vast knowledge of the polar regions....Here is an article he tweeted me earlier this year when I was asking why it was so cold. It makes for some informative and interesting reading. Equally here he is talking recently of life in the poles as part of a university brief. I really hope that some of the stuff we do daily makes a difference, and how much worse could it have been if we hadn't made those changes?

No comments:

Monday, 13 May 2013

It's the little things....

that can still make a difference. Today's blog challenge is "Green"... Over the past decade at least, "recyclable""sustainable", "carbon footprint" "green house gas" has formed part of people's vocabulary... But what does that mean in our everyday lives. Do we do enough to be environmentally conscious and does it make a difference?... Over the past few years I have become more socially aware of the Green elements of my life... I use the multiple wheelie bins for the rubbish, recyclables, glass, paper & garden waste. My rubbish bin wastage is now minimal. I compost what I can and I am conscious of wasting water. .. I'm trying to walk more and use the car less. When food shopping I now plan my weeks meals to ensure that food waste is to a minimum and are conscious of food miles when purchasing. I try to buy local and seasonal as much as possible and would like to eventually grow a few of my own veggies. .....

I am hoping that the stuff I do everyday makes a little difference and goes some way to offsetting my New York carbon footprint!...
A friend of mine is an oceanologist with a vast knowledge of the polar regions....Here is an article he tweeted me earlier this year when I was asking why it was so cold. It makes for some informative and interesting reading. Equally here he is talking recently of life in the poles as part of a university brief. I really hope that some of the stuff we do daily makes a difference, and how much worse could it have been if we hadn't made those changes?

No comments: