Sunday, 12 May 2013

Secret hoarder...

I live in fear that one day a TV crew will knock on my day and say that my neighbours have nominated me for an episode of "secret hoarder next door"!!... I have started the life laundering, but it is a slow  and lengthy process resembling a very large never ending ironing pile!... Something that sometimes is too easy to hide in the corner and ignore but alas I have run out of corners!... So watch this space.
My biggest passion is books. I've accumulated many over the years and could quite easily now open my own food book shop!...

All I can say is thankyou for the Kindle... My fiction stockpile is not growing at the rate that my baking collection is, as I know download more.... I wish my local library was better as I loved the library as a child / young adult but the range and ordering options are not great... I am going to explore other options. So watch this space as the de-cluttering begins!...




1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

Happy Saturday hoarder!

Have you tried the Elan online libraries?
http://elan-classic.essexcc.gov.uk/vs/Pa.csp?OpacLanguage=eng&Profile=Default

This is what I use and is connected to my branch but covers a lot of Essex and might have somewhere local to you? I'm off to pick up CK's new roses book today, get all my DVDs and books from there, and they appear online to reserve in advance of their release dates so you can get in the queue quickly!

Hope that might help.

Victoria x

Sunday, 12 May 2013

Secret hoarder...

I live in fear that one day a TV crew will knock on my day and say that my neighbours have nominated me for an episode of "secret hoarder next door"!!... I have started the life laundering, but it is a slow  and lengthy process resembling a very large never ending ironing pile!... Something that sometimes is too easy to hide in the corner and ignore but alas I have run out of corners!... So watch this space.
My biggest passion is books. I've accumulated many over the years and could quite easily now open my own food book shop!...

All I can say is thankyou for the Kindle... My fiction stockpile is not growing at the rate that my baking collection is, as I know download more.... I wish my local library was better as I loved the library as a child / young adult but the range and ordering options are not great... I am going to explore other options. So watch this space as the de-cluttering begins!...




1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

Happy Saturday hoarder!

Have you tried the Elan online libraries?
http://elan-classic.essexcc.gov.uk/vs/Pa.csp?OpacLanguage=eng&Profile=Default

This is what I use and is connected to my branch but covers a lot of Essex and might have somewhere local to you? I'm off to pick up CK's new roses book today, get all my DVDs and books from there, and they appear online to reserve in advance of their release dates so you can get in the queue quickly!

Hope that might help.

Victoria x