Saturday, 19 October 2013

A night with Tony & Albert...

This week my friend and I spent an evening at the Royal Albert Hall with Tony Hadley and the Southbank Simphonia orchestra. Purchasing the tickets several months ago I was pleasantly surprised on getting there that we were in the stalls about 20 rows back from the front. This gave us an amazing view, not just onto the stage but of the whole venue.
As a huge Tony Hadley fan both of his solo work and with his Spandau Ballet days, he has featured in my music collection or the last 30+ years! and I need to say he hasn't lost any of it, the voice, charisma, looks and chat!
The show was split into two halves, Act 1 was Tony's solo work and some fantastic iconic covers and Act 2 was the Spandau years.
Highlights from Act 1 were:
Highlights from Act 2 were:
    And the finale which ticked so many boxes for me and was the highlight of my evening... GOLD complete with John Keeble on drums and Gary Kemp on guitar ... 
    Sheer class from start to finish...complete with Ton's legendary wine glass of Jack Daniels!!... An evening that transported me through the School Disco, broken hearts, love affairs and London 2012!..

    No comments:

    Saturday, 19 October 2013

    A night with Tony & Albert...

    This week my friend and I spent an evening at the Royal Albert Hall with Tony Hadley and the Southbank Simphonia orchestra. Purchasing the tickets several months ago I was pleasantly surprised on getting there that we were in the stalls about 20 rows back from the front. This gave us an amazing view, not just onto the stage but of the whole venue.
    As a huge Tony Hadley fan both of his solo work and with his Spandau Ballet days, he has featured in my music collection or the last 30+ years! and I need to say he hasn't lost any of it, the voice, charisma, looks and chat!
    The show was split into two halves, Act 1 was Tony's solo work and some fantastic iconic covers and Act 2 was the Spandau years.
    Highlights from Act 1 were:
    Highlights from Act 2 were:
      And the finale which ticked so many boxes for me and was the highlight of my evening... GOLD complete with John Keeble on drums and Gary Kemp on guitar ... 
      Sheer class from start to finish...complete with Ton's legendary wine glass of Jack Daniels!!... An evening that transported me through the School Disco, broken hearts, love affairs and London 2012!..

      No comments: