Thursday, 7 November 2013

A day of treats pt 3.....

After feasting on a fabulous tea it was time to spend a couple of hours at the theatre. M & M have wanted ever since it came to the stage to see the Bodyguard. Fortunately I managed to get 3 tickets in the stalls for half price. The best thing about the booking was that Beverley Knight has recently taken over the lead role in the musical which was an added bonus. She to me has never got the credit deserved for one of Britain's best female soul singers.
The trailer details just how much of Whitneys back catalogue is showcased in this musical... BK is phenomenal
The musical sticks to the premise of the film, with Tristam Gamble playing Frank Farmer the
Bodyguard as eloquently as Kevin Costner ...however the young actor who plays Fletcher the son nearly steals the show on a couple of occasions.
This musical bought back so many memories for me. The film hit the cinema right at the height of my greatest love affair and the soundtrack was never far from my CD player!... It was one of my Nans favourite films and she would have loved the stage show, but would have been delighted that I went with 2 such special ladies. My closest friends will understand the irony of it all, and not one that I can share on here!!!!... We had a fab night which finished with us rocking in the aisles to I wanna dance with somebody.

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

The Bodyguard is up there at the top of my 'to see' list. I really must try and get up to London more often.

Thursday, 7 November 2013

A day of treats pt 3.....

After feasting on a fabulous tea it was time to spend a couple of hours at the theatre. M & M have wanted ever since it came to the stage to see the Bodyguard. Fortunately I managed to get 3 tickets in the stalls for half price. The best thing about the booking was that Beverley Knight has recently taken over the lead role in the musical which was an added bonus. She to me has never got the credit deserved for one of Britain's best female soul singers.
The trailer details just how much of Whitneys back catalogue is showcased in this musical... BK is phenomenal
The musical sticks to the premise of the film, with Tristam Gamble playing Frank Farmer the
Bodyguard as eloquently as Kevin Costner ...however the young actor who plays Fletcher the son nearly steals the show on a couple of occasions.
This musical bought back so many memories for me. The film hit the cinema right at the height of my greatest love affair and the soundtrack was never far from my CD player!... It was one of my Nans favourite films and she would have loved the stage show, but would have been delighted that I went with 2 such special ladies. My closest friends will understand the irony of it all, and not one that I can share on here!!!!... We had a fab night which finished with us rocking in the aisles to I wanna dance with somebody.

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

The Bodyguard is up there at the top of my 'to see' list. I really must try and get up to London more often.