Thursday, 5 December 2013

Paris at Christmastime - part un

This year with no holiday to New York planned I decided to book a trip to Paris to compensate. I booked my trip via my nectar points, which freed up more euros to spend in the city. Paris is renowned for its lights spectacular during Noel.
Having been to Paris a few times my agenda wasn't to do the 'normal' sightseeing. With a couple of hours spare on the train it gave me chance to plan my adventures and read an appropriately named novella! The lovely Ed Kimber from the Boy who Bakes had recommended 2 great bakery places to visit, so they were built into my plan. My plan was broken into 3 slices, Parisian food treats, Christmas sights & scenes and Lights spectacular.
My 7am train departed on time and we cleared the channel tunnel into me to see the sun rising across the French countryside. 

By this stage me day was mapped and I was immersed in my book The Parisian Christmas Bake Off which was perfect for the trip. 
Rachel finds herself in Paris the week before Christmas, pitted against 7 others she is competing for an apprenticeship with the super chef Henri Salernes. Rachel is not big on Christmas, but finds herself swept up into the romance of the city, holiday season and the competition.  Rachel's confidence grows as the week develops along with her patisserie skills. With a gorgeous Frenchman mixed into the bowl along with sprinkling of snow this is a magical Christmas baking tale.
Arriving into Paris at 10am I had a full day ahead planned..... With a glorious low winter sun shining in the background it was the perfect weather to explore.



No comments:

Thursday, 5 December 2013

Paris at Christmastime - part un

This year with no holiday to New York planned I decided to book a trip to Paris to compensate. I booked my trip via my nectar points, which freed up more euros to spend in the city. Paris is renowned for its lights spectacular during Noel.
Having been to Paris a few times my agenda wasn't to do the 'normal' sightseeing. With a couple of hours spare on the train it gave me chance to plan my adventures and read an appropriately named novella! The lovely Ed Kimber from the Boy who Bakes had recommended 2 great bakery places to visit, so they were built into my plan. My plan was broken into 3 slices, Parisian food treats, Christmas sights & scenes and Lights spectacular.
My 7am train departed on time and we cleared the channel tunnel into me to see the sun rising across the French countryside. 

By this stage me day was mapped and I was immersed in my book The Parisian Christmas Bake Off which was perfect for the trip. 
Rachel finds herself in Paris the week before Christmas, pitted against 7 others she is competing for an apprenticeship with the super chef Henri Salernes. Rachel is not big on Christmas, but finds herself swept up into the romance of the city, holiday season and the competition.  Rachel's confidence grows as the week develops along with her patisserie skills. With a gorgeous Frenchman mixed into the bowl along with sprinkling of snow this is a magical Christmas baking tale.
Arriving into Paris at 10am I had a full day ahead planned..... With a glorious low winter sun shining in the background it was the perfect weather to explore.



No comments: