Monday, 2 December 2013

Thanksgiving....

This year on 'black' Friday I heldThanksgiving Dinner at my friends.  I think this will be a new tradition for me. I love the build up to Christmas, and Thanksgiving dinner is the start of the countdown. It gives me an opportunity to cook a celebratory dinner and be thankful for the friends that I have around me.
Menu consisted of:-

  • Maple glazed turkey
  • Sweet potato mash
  • Roast potatoes
  • Green beans with bacon lardons
  • Cauliflower cheese
  • Buttered carrots

Desserts consisted of homemade :-

  • Pumpkin pie
  • Cinnamon spiced apple pies
  • Maple autumnal M&M cookies
The meal was delicious.... A great return home for my friends who arrived home from Las Vegas/San Francisco that morning..... I watched the Macy parade on the iPad loving the big Macy Turkey whilst preparing the dinner.

It really was a day to count my blessings as my friends husband was taken into hospital a couple of days later, where he continues to stay.
Thanksgiving Blessings...

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

You're Thanksgiving Dinner sounds amazing.

Sorry to hear about your friends husband, hope he returns home soon.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

Monday, 2 December 2013

Thanksgiving....

This year on 'black' Friday I heldThanksgiving Dinner at my friends.  I think this will be a new tradition for me. I love the build up to Christmas, and Thanksgiving dinner is the start of the countdown. It gives me an opportunity to cook a celebratory dinner and be thankful for the friends that I have around me.
Menu consisted of:-

  • Maple glazed turkey
  • Sweet potato mash
  • Roast potatoes
  • Green beans with bacon lardons
  • Cauliflower cheese
  • Buttered carrots

Desserts consisted of homemade :-

  • Pumpkin pie
  • Cinnamon spiced apple pies
  • Maple autumnal M&M cookies
The meal was delicious.... A great return home for my friends who arrived home from Las Vegas/San Francisco that morning..... I watched the Macy parade on the iPad loving the big Macy Turkey whilst preparing the dinner.

It really was a day to count my blessings as my friends husband was taken into hospital a couple of days later, where he continues to stay.
Thanksgiving Blessings...

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

You're Thanksgiving Dinner sounds amazing.

Sorry to hear about your friends husband, hope he returns home soon.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com