Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Nutcracker New Year!

Happy New Year to all.... I hope 2014 brings you health, happiness, love & luck in large amounts!. I'm not a huge fan of New Year and can usually be found under a duvet on the sofa with a good book, however this year I not only went out, but to different locations!
Early New Year's Eve was spent in the beautiful Royal Opera House in Covent garden watching the Nutcracker.

I have seen this ballet over the years in many forms and is one of my holiday traditions. The royal ballets version was magical and delightful, enhanced by such sumptuous surroundings, beautifully stunning from start to finish.  A simple story bought to life on Christmas Eve culminating in the dance of the sugar plum fairies... pure joy, all set to Tchaikovsky's magical score .
From the baubles and sparkle of Covent Garden I headed east to a friends flat in docklands where he was hosting a roof party, complete with barbecue (yes lashing rain & howling winds werent really condusive to this) and a rooftop view of the London landscape and its fireworks.
I had fun, it was great to see old friends I havent spent time with for a very long time and a very different way to see in a new year.

London really pulled the stops out for yet another fabulous firework display.... sit back & enjoy, even the weather couldnt but a dampner on such a fabulous set and backdrop.
May I take this opportunity to say thankyou for joining my journey of 2013 either on my blog, via twitter or Instagram, its been a joy... your comments, tweets have made me laugh, and i have made some new friends this year...i wish you all a fabulous 14.



4 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

London did us proud last night, didn't it? One of Mr Bs' mates sets up the lighting on the big wheel so we have to check that out on the TV and shriek 'Rolys' lights'; that's turned into a tradition now!
We don't really do NYE either...a bottle of pink fizz, some sparklers and watching the fireworks from The Saints ground. But, the stars last night, they were the real showstoppers.
Wishing you all the bestest of EVERY thing for 2014!
Z xx

Victoria Eales said...

Happy New Year!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Victoria Eales said...

Happy New Year!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

A garden just outside Venice said...

Ciao Teresa!
Happy New Year!
I watched the Nutcraker too last weekend, a modern and cheerful adaptation and I really enjoyed it!
Take care and don't work too hard :)
Michela x

Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Nutcracker New Year!

Happy New Year to all.... I hope 2014 brings you health, happiness, love & luck in large amounts!. I'm not a huge fan of New Year and can usually be found under a duvet on the sofa with a good book, however this year I not only went out, but to different locations!
Early New Year's Eve was spent in the beautiful Royal Opera House in Covent garden watching the Nutcracker.

I have seen this ballet over the years in many forms and is one of my holiday traditions. The royal ballets version was magical and delightful, enhanced by such sumptuous surroundings, beautifully stunning from start to finish.  A simple story bought to life on Christmas Eve culminating in the dance of the sugar plum fairies... pure joy, all set to Tchaikovsky's magical score .
From the baubles and sparkle of Covent Garden I headed east to a friends flat in docklands where he was hosting a roof party, complete with barbecue (yes lashing rain & howling winds werent really condusive to this) and a rooftop view of the London landscape and its fireworks.
I had fun, it was great to see old friends I havent spent time with for a very long time and a very different way to see in a new year.

London really pulled the stops out for yet another fabulous firework display.... sit back & enjoy, even the weather couldnt but a dampner on such a fabulous set and backdrop.
May I take this opportunity to say thankyou for joining my journey of 2013 either on my blog, via twitter or Instagram, its been a joy... your comments, tweets have made me laugh, and i have made some new friends this year...i wish you all a fabulous 14.



4 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

London did us proud last night, didn't it? One of Mr Bs' mates sets up the lighting on the big wheel so we have to check that out on the TV and shriek 'Rolys' lights'; that's turned into a tradition now!
We don't really do NYE either...a bottle of pink fizz, some sparklers and watching the fireworks from The Saints ground. But, the stars last night, they were the real showstoppers.
Wishing you all the bestest of EVERY thing for 2014!
Z xx

Victoria Eales said...

Happy New Year!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Victoria Eales said...

Happy New Year!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

A garden just outside Venice said...

Ciao Teresa!
Happy New Year!
I watched the Nutcraker too last weekend, a modern and cheerful adaptation and I really enjoyed it!
Take care and don't work too hard :)
Michela x