Tuesday, 28 January 2014

the continuing tale of 2 kitties ...

Fitz and Darcy are now 8 months old and continuing to cause chaos and mayhem whenever they can. They are also spending lots of time snuggling on the sofa. With work being manic during January, they have been a welcome joy when coming home of a night after stressful days.
I didn't realise how much these little fur balls had snuck into my heart until something happens and you realise how much part of your family they have become.  We have a routine at home, and usually they are both waiting by the door peering out when I pull up onto the drive. Last Wednesday I came home to be greeted by Fitz but no Darcy. F & D are house cats at the moment, so was a little concerned, especially as they were both inside when I left in the morning. After much calling and searching through the house, Darcy was still not found. By this stage I was beginning to panic and Fitz was calling constantly for his brother. After about an hour I heard a faint cry coming from outside. It still wasn't clear where it was coming from until i looked up and saw a frightened little kitty on the roof!..... how he got there I am still none the wiser as I had no windows open, the only option was via the loft hatch.  After much cajoling and half hour later I managed to coax Darcy off the roof. I did at one point think I may have to call the fire-brigade! My little black fur baby spent the rest of the evening on my lap.
Our nightly routine is an hour on the sofa curled up watching TV or flicking through pages on the ipad, before we head upstairs to bed.
January has seen the kitties work their way through all the treats that Santa bought them and their doggie cousins Archie & Roxie.


2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

So relieved to read all is OK!
I dread to think what I'd be like if I had kids...I am terrible about the cats!!
I had the same mug+coaster set from my kitties for Chrimbo; tucked away on 12th night until later this year!
Z xx

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Soooo glad he was OK - my heart was in my mouth when I was reading that post. You'll have to change his name to Houdini! x

Tuesday, 28 January 2014

the continuing tale of 2 kitties ...

Fitz and Darcy are now 8 months old and continuing to cause chaos and mayhem whenever they can. They are also spending lots of time snuggling on the sofa. With work being manic during January, they have been a welcome joy when coming home of a night after stressful days.
I didn't realise how much these little fur balls had snuck into my heart until something happens and you realise how much part of your family they have become.  We have a routine at home, and usually they are both waiting by the door peering out when I pull up onto the drive. Last Wednesday I came home to be greeted by Fitz but no Darcy. F & D are house cats at the moment, so was a little concerned, especially as they were both inside when I left in the morning. After much calling and searching through the house, Darcy was still not found. By this stage I was beginning to panic and Fitz was calling constantly for his brother. After about an hour I heard a faint cry coming from outside. It still wasn't clear where it was coming from until i looked up and saw a frightened little kitty on the roof!..... how he got there I am still none the wiser as I had no windows open, the only option was via the loft hatch.  After much cajoling and half hour later I managed to coax Darcy off the roof. I did at one point think I may have to call the fire-brigade! My little black fur baby spent the rest of the evening on my lap.
Our nightly routine is an hour on the sofa curled up watching TV or flicking through pages on the ipad, before we head upstairs to bed.
January has seen the kitties work their way through all the treats that Santa bought them and their doggie cousins Archie & Roxie.


2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

So relieved to read all is OK!
I dread to think what I'd be like if I had kids...I am terrible about the cats!!
I had the same mug+coaster set from my kitties for Chrimbo; tucked away on 12th night until later this year!
Z xx

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Soooo glad he was OK - my heart was in my mouth when I was reading that post. You'll have to change his name to Houdini! x