Friday, 21 March 2014

Friday 5... march treats

It's Friday, a week before payday so a little pick-up is needed. I've decided to use this Friday of the of the month to share my 5 treats from this month.
1. Asda Heart crumpets - at christmastime Asda's sellout success were their christmas tree shaped crumpets. For Valentines / Mother's Day they have packaged heart shaped crumpets for the occasion. Yes I know its an advertises dream, but this simple little treat put a smile on my face over breakfast this month, perfect for breakfast in the garden.
2. Spring flowers - I love spring flowers and this month daffodils and tulips have fallen in my basket frequently, an inexpensive way to brighten up the day and know that light mornings, blue skies and sunshine are around the corner.
3. Food magazines - its been ages since I have had time to sit and enjoy the simplicity of sitting and reading a magazine. This month I managed to grab an hour in the sunshine reading this months magazines, bookmarking some recipes that I want to try this spring.
4. DVF pouches - this year see's Diane Von Furstenberg celebrate 40 years in fashion. As one of my favourite fashion icons and 50% discount I picked this little pouch set up from work. The colour mix fits with lots in my wardrobe and as a huge tote fan I use pouches lots to hold different things in my large handbags!
5. George Michael Symphonica - I downloaded this album and purchased the CD. This is a beautiful album, featuring much from the set lists of George's symphonica tour accompanied by a full orchestra. Its the perfect backdrop whilst preparing dinner, background music and unwinding on the tube on the commute home. I was lucky to see George on this toute twice, the first in Verona and the second at the Royal Albert Hall. There are re-workings of some of George's songs and some beautiful covers all stunningly arranged ... this will be huge and a much deserved hit for George.
what treats have found there way into your shopping basket this month?

No comments:

Friday, 21 March 2014

Friday 5... march treats

It's Friday, a week before payday so a little pick-up is needed. I've decided to use this Friday of the of the month to share my 5 treats from this month.
1. Asda Heart crumpets - at christmastime Asda's sellout success were their christmas tree shaped crumpets. For Valentines / Mother's Day they have packaged heart shaped crumpets for the occasion. Yes I know its an advertises dream, but this simple little treat put a smile on my face over breakfast this month, perfect for breakfast in the garden.
2. Spring flowers - I love spring flowers and this month daffodils and tulips have fallen in my basket frequently, an inexpensive way to brighten up the day and know that light mornings, blue skies and sunshine are around the corner.
3. Food magazines - its been ages since I have had time to sit and enjoy the simplicity of sitting and reading a magazine. This month I managed to grab an hour in the sunshine reading this months magazines, bookmarking some recipes that I want to try this spring.
4. DVF pouches - this year see's Diane Von Furstenberg celebrate 40 years in fashion. As one of my favourite fashion icons and 50% discount I picked this little pouch set up from work. The colour mix fits with lots in my wardrobe and as a huge tote fan I use pouches lots to hold different things in my large handbags!
5. George Michael Symphonica - I downloaded this album and purchased the CD. This is a beautiful album, featuring much from the set lists of George's symphonica tour accompanied by a full orchestra. Its the perfect backdrop whilst preparing dinner, background music and unwinding on the tube on the commute home. I was lucky to see George on this toute twice, the first in Verona and the second at the Royal Albert Hall. There are re-workings of some of George's songs and some beautiful covers all stunningly arranged ... this will be huge and a much deserved hit for George.
what treats have found there way into your shopping basket this month?

No comments: