Sunday, 27 April 2014

breaking from routine

I am a planning kinda girl... my friends & work family would probably describe it more along the lines of 'control freak'. I would like to think there's a bit more flexibility on the control now than a few years ago.
Sometimes all the planning in the world can't prepare for things out of your control, that just about sums up my week. I didn't return to work straight after the Easter Monday as I was still feeling out of sorts. Returning to work a couple of days later than originally planned had already got my week on the back foot which was compounded by Florence throwing a strop on the drive Thursday morning and refusing to budge! At 6am I had no option other than walk to the station, thankfully it was dry and the half hour walk was brightened by a shortcut through the park. I was determined to see the positives and snapped some pictures from my walk and I am determined to walk on days when its dry and I don't have an early meeting.
 With the Central line not stopping at Bond Street until early June my walking exercise was extended at the other end of my commute, and I needed a mini nap when I got to my desk!... 5 days work was then needed to be squeezed into 2 days which has been trying!
Saturday was planned for a day filled with Rugby, however with Florence refusing still to start, priority was taken over by trying to get her fixed. Whilst waiting for the Green Flag man, the Kits took the time to explore the car. This was their first time inside outside of a cat box!... as you can see they explored every inch there was to be sniffed, climbed and sat on.
Fortunately Florence only needed an new battery so that was quickly fixed once she was charged enough to get to the garage.
Afternoon was spent with brother watching the Rugby, fabulous result from Saracens... Cardiff for the cup final, here we come!

No comments:

Sunday, 27 April 2014

breaking from routine

I am a planning kinda girl... my friends & work family would probably describe it more along the lines of 'control freak'. I would like to think there's a bit more flexibility on the control now than a few years ago.
Sometimes all the planning in the world can't prepare for things out of your control, that just about sums up my week. I didn't return to work straight after the Easter Monday as I was still feeling out of sorts. Returning to work a couple of days later than originally planned had already got my week on the back foot which was compounded by Florence throwing a strop on the drive Thursday morning and refusing to budge! At 6am I had no option other than walk to the station, thankfully it was dry and the half hour walk was brightened by a shortcut through the park. I was determined to see the positives and snapped some pictures from my walk and I am determined to walk on days when its dry and I don't have an early meeting.
 With the Central line not stopping at Bond Street until early June my walking exercise was extended at the other end of my commute, and I needed a mini nap when I got to my desk!... 5 days work was then needed to be squeezed into 2 days which has been trying!
Saturday was planned for a day filled with Rugby, however with Florence refusing still to start, priority was taken over by trying to get her fixed. Whilst waiting for the Green Flag man, the Kits took the time to explore the car. This was their first time inside outside of a cat box!... as you can see they explored every inch there was to be sniffed, climbed and sat on.
Fortunately Florence only needed an new battery so that was quickly fixed once she was charged enough to get to the garage.
Afternoon was spent with brother watching the Rugby, fabulous result from Saracens... Cardiff for the cup final, here we come!

No comments: