Monday, 12 May 2014

Afternoon Tea ~ London Style

This weeks London loves follow my New York loves last week. Afternoon Tea is synonymous with London and its hotels. Its one of my favourite ways to escape from the hustle and bustle of London life and the stresses of work. There is nothing as lovely than sitting down for tea, cakes & sandwiches in a relaxing environment, chatting with friends or chilling with a good book.

I have since I worked in London sipped Afternoon tea in many sumptuous locations. Here are 5 of my favourites.
Claridges
Claridges Afternoon tea is utterly divine, from the moment the doorman sweeps you into the grand foyer you are transported into a world where your every whim is catered for. The tea served on Claridges iconic teal stripe china is gorgeous. Here is a post from my visit, when I was taken for a birthday treat and had a fabulous time.
One Aldwych
This very modern & funky hotel was a new venue for me last year and a pleasant surprise. I visited for their Charlie & Chocolate factory inspired tea. The service, ambience and tea were delightful. The tea is clever, inspirational and so much fun, thoroughly recommend for anyone who is either a Roald Dahl fan or a chocolate fan.
The Berkeley
This is an old established hotel in Kensington which serves the perfect tea for any fashionista The Berkeley launched its Pret-a-Portea  a few years ago and its a huge hit with the ladies. Sited in the Caramel rooms in the Berkeley and served on bright funky china. This seasons tea features miu miu, Victoria Beckham & Christian Louboutin. I have visited this hotel twice for tea and loved both times.
Peggy Porschen Parlour
This parlour in a Belgravia side street is a treat and perfect for a spot of tea & cake. Peggy's doesn't serve the full afternoon tea, but it does serve fabulous tea & cake, perfect for a detour when shopping in the city. Here is a post from a previous visit.
The Savoy
One of my favourites, I have been many times and never been disappointed. One of the most iconic and established hotels in London, as you sweep through the revolving doors you are transported into a time and world filled with glamour, decadence and luxury. Had a fabulous time and tea here in November celebrating a 70th birthday.
As with previous posts I have plotted a little map of where these are in London... I hope that you sip, savour and enjoy. x

My tea list is always growing, on my wish list for this year are The Goring, The Connaught Hotel, The Shard, Balthazar and The Wolseley..............What are your favourites or recommendations.

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

The Goring is my friends favourite hotel so I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

brokeinthebigsmoke.com said...

I love, love, love Bake-a-boo. It's a bit out of central London but definitely worth the visit! x

Monday, 12 May 2014

Afternoon Tea ~ London Style

This weeks London loves follow my New York loves last week. Afternoon Tea is synonymous with London and its hotels. Its one of my favourite ways to escape from the hustle and bustle of London life and the stresses of work. There is nothing as lovely than sitting down for tea, cakes & sandwiches in a relaxing environment, chatting with friends or chilling with a good book.

I have since I worked in London sipped Afternoon tea in many sumptuous locations. Here are 5 of my favourites.
Claridges
Claridges Afternoon tea is utterly divine, from the moment the doorman sweeps you into the grand foyer you are transported into a world where your every whim is catered for. The tea served on Claridges iconic teal stripe china is gorgeous. Here is a post from my visit, when I was taken for a birthday treat and had a fabulous time.
One Aldwych
This very modern & funky hotel was a new venue for me last year and a pleasant surprise. I visited for their Charlie & Chocolate factory inspired tea. The service, ambience and tea were delightful. The tea is clever, inspirational and so much fun, thoroughly recommend for anyone who is either a Roald Dahl fan or a chocolate fan.
The Berkeley
This is an old established hotel in Kensington which serves the perfect tea for any fashionista The Berkeley launched its Pret-a-Portea  a few years ago and its a huge hit with the ladies. Sited in the Caramel rooms in the Berkeley and served on bright funky china. This seasons tea features miu miu, Victoria Beckham & Christian Louboutin. I have visited this hotel twice for tea and loved both times.
Peggy Porschen Parlour
This parlour in a Belgravia side street is a treat and perfect for a spot of tea & cake. Peggy's doesn't serve the full afternoon tea, but it does serve fabulous tea & cake, perfect for a detour when shopping in the city. Here is a post from a previous visit.
The Savoy
One of my favourites, I have been many times and never been disappointed. One of the most iconic and established hotels in London, as you sweep through the revolving doors you are transported into a time and world filled with glamour, decadence and luxury. Had a fabulous time and tea here in November celebrating a 70th birthday.
As with previous posts I have plotted a little map of where these are in London... I hope that you sip, savour and enjoy. x

My tea list is always growing, on my wish list for this year are The Goring, The Connaught Hotel, The Shard, Balthazar and The Wolseley..............What are your favourites or recommendations.

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

The Goring is my friends favourite hotel so I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

brokeinthebigsmoke.com said...

I love, love, love Bake-a-boo. It's a bit out of central London but definitely worth the visit! x