Monday, 9 June 2014

Sunday Sunshine

Waking early on Sunday morning I decided to forgo any jobs indoors and get out and about in the sunshine. I had planned to draft a few blog posts but parked them for a day in the park!  I jumped on the tube and headed into London, armed with camera and kindle. With a beautiful blue sky and sunshine forecast all day I knew there would be plenty for me to explore in London to enjoy the weather. I started my day in St James Park, where I grabbed a coffee and muffin and sat and just enjoyed the scenery. I had such a fabulous time in the park and took so many pictures, it warrants its own post to itself!
The Mall running alongside the park was closed to traffic, as later in the day the culmination of the Help for Heroes ride from Belgium, through the French war memorials to London was finishing along the Mall. With many military activities happening in and around the park I was lucky to see the Queens cavalry pass by in preparation for changing of the guard. Buck house looked glorious in the sunshine.
After enjoying the morning in the park, I walked down to the river and walked across to the South Bank, where lots of people were enjoying the sunshine. From the Prosecco deckchairs along the river bank to the water fountains which the kids and big kids were enjoying. London looks gorgeous in the sunshine.
From the Southbank I headed behind Festival Hall to sample some of the wares on sale at the Kerb Food festival.  Kerb is one of the best food street events which pop up over London at different times. With a superb and varied selection of traders, its a great way to sample street food at their best.
With such an array of street food on offer I was spoilt for choice; after cooling down with a Grapefruit & Campari iced popsicle from Ice Kitchen which was refreshing and full of yummy sour flavours.
 
I opted for a salt beef on rye from Bell & Brisket, which was melt in the mouth delicious, washed down with a homemade lemonade from Square Root poured from its converted bicycle.
 Desert could only come from Kooky Bakes, I met Scott from KB in Selfridges a coupe of years ago and we are Instagram/Twitter buddies, so it was nice to catch up, if only briefly ... longer next time!.. Before I left  I picked up a salted caramel whoopee pie, which I devoured whilst chilling on the sofa Sunday night.
I had a lovely spontaneous day, exploring London in the sunshine, chilling in the park and eating great food kerbside.
Looking forward to a fabulous summer!....bring on the sun x


No comments:

Monday, 9 June 2014

Sunday Sunshine

Waking early on Sunday morning I decided to forgo any jobs indoors and get out and about in the sunshine. I had planned to draft a few blog posts but parked them for a day in the park!  I jumped on the tube and headed into London, armed with camera and kindle. With a beautiful blue sky and sunshine forecast all day I knew there would be plenty for me to explore in London to enjoy the weather. I started my day in St James Park, where I grabbed a coffee and muffin and sat and just enjoyed the scenery. I had such a fabulous time in the park and took so many pictures, it warrants its own post to itself!
The Mall running alongside the park was closed to traffic, as later in the day the culmination of the Help for Heroes ride from Belgium, through the French war memorials to London was finishing along the Mall. With many military activities happening in and around the park I was lucky to see the Queens cavalry pass by in preparation for changing of the guard. Buck house looked glorious in the sunshine.
After enjoying the morning in the park, I walked down to the river and walked across to the South Bank, where lots of people were enjoying the sunshine. From the Prosecco deckchairs along the river bank to the water fountains which the kids and big kids were enjoying. London looks gorgeous in the sunshine.
From the Southbank I headed behind Festival Hall to sample some of the wares on sale at the Kerb Food festival.  Kerb is one of the best food street events which pop up over London at different times. With a superb and varied selection of traders, its a great way to sample street food at their best.
With such an array of street food on offer I was spoilt for choice; after cooling down with a Grapefruit & Campari iced popsicle from Ice Kitchen which was refreshing and full of yummy sour flavours.
 
I opted for a salt beef on rye from Bell & Brisket, which was melt in the mouth delicious, washed down with a homemade lemonade from Square Root poured from its converted bicycle.
 Desert could only come from Kooky Bakes, I met Scott from KB in Selfridges a coupe of years ago and we are Instagram/Twitter buddies, so it was nice to catch up, if only briefly ... longer next time!.. Before I left  I picked up a salted caramel whoopee pie, which I devoured whilst chilling on the sofa Sunday night.
I had a lovely spontaneous day, exploring London in the sunshine, chilling in the park and eating great food kerbside.
Looking forward to a fabulous summer!....bring on the sun x


No comments: