Sunday, 6 July 2014

Social Media Sunday ~ June

It's Social Media Sunday again on the blog... this post is a round-up of things that I have enjoyed reading and viewing across the Blogland and Instagram in June.
Blogland
9 Staycation Locations - Victoria Connelly ~ This lovely post from author Victoria Connelly is a picturesque amble through some of this country's finest locations for a short holiday or long weekend. I am definitely adding some of these to me "To Visit" list. If we continue to have the weather that we are having I am determined to see a little more of this country.
Hand Luggage Only - 9 Cheap things in London ~ This fun and quirky post about how to see some of London's finest sites on a budget is very informative. Although a couple of them aren't really my thing (Madame Tussauds & Harrods!!!- cant be seen shopping at the competitor!) I love the idea of jumping on the bus and the clipper.
Temporary Secretary - Photo Tips for Beauty Bloggers ~ Although not a big beauty blogger I thoroughly enjoyed this post from this newly discovered blog on how to photograph beauty products at their best. I liked that it posted imagery mistakes as well as what good looks like. An informative post with lovely images. I will be coming back to this blog often. 
This Fashion is Mine - iPhone photography ~ For someone who is constantly trying to take good photo's on my phone and with recent workshops and avid blog reading I am slowly getting there. This post was a great prompt of the key things of taking great photographs, with some great tips. Will definitely be coming back to this blog for more photography posts from Gwen... thank-you x
Painting Kitchen Cabinets - Hearthandmade ~ A favourite blog which has appeared in previous Social Media Sunday posts - this gorgeous post epitomises everything I would like to do I my tiny kitchen. This year I would like to overhaul the kitchen, this post has given me lots of ideas and plans to do something later this year. I could 'like' nearly every post on this blog as it is filled with gorgeous pastel loveliness. - delightful x
 

Instagram
Four of this months favourites all showcase what I love about summer and the final because the styling and colour palette are delightful. I am getting more into Instagram and this moth I am embarking on posting a snap everyday.... I will collate a share later in the month.
Brightbazaar - Will recently published his first home styling and lifestyle book, which is a mix of primary colours and gorgeous styling. I love the magazine styling in the background of this picture, it completely compliments the gorgeous mint green kitchen-aid perfectly - yum!
klmpink - Kate's gorgeous jug of sweet peas is my favourite shot of the month. My gramps grew sweet peas around the back of his shed and they were beautiful, they bloom for such a short time but are my favourite flower .. this picture evokes the summers of long ago along with a delightful fragrance.
StephanieHowell - Stephanie's photographs as she, her 4 delightful girls and GI J live a posting in Italy is just gorgeous, every day is an adventure which she catalogues, snaps and scrapbooks beautifully.I have followed S's blog for about 6 years now and live a vicarious Italian life through her images. This fruit snap sums up the fabulous offers that Italian markets sell daily - delicious, I could devour the peaches, my mouth is watering just looking at them.
Mrs_Button - another Instagram favourite and another jug of sweet peas. I love Mrs's B's posts, gorgeous styling in her home in the country - gorgeous. This snap looks like a perfect day.
Kate_mystylediary - This gorgeous market snap is shot at Borough market and sums up all the fabulous fruits for the summer. The glut of cherries is gorgeous and one of my favourite summer fruits.... scrummy.
That's it for social media sunday for this month. Here are previous social posts from this year. Thankyou to all that have posted me comments, messages or 'likes' on twitter, Instagram or my blog. They mean a lot and always put a smile on my face...so this month what have you been tweeting, 'liking' following lately? would love to know. What blog recommendations do you have ... happy Sunday x

1 comment:

Temporary:Secretary said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Teresa! I am going to check out your other recommendations now. Thanks again :-) xxx

Sunday, 6 July 2014

Social Media Sunday ~ June

It's Social Media Sunday again on the blog... this post is a round-up of things that I have enjoyed reading and viewing across the Blogland and Instagram in June.
Blogland
9 Staycation Locations - Victoria Connelly ~ This lovely post from author Victoria Connelly is a picturesque amble through some of this country's finest locations for a short holiday or long weekend. I am definitely adding some of these to me "To Visit" list. If we continue to have the weather that we are having I am determined to see a little more of this country.
Hand Luggage Only - 9 Cheap things in London ~ This fun and quirky post about how to see some of London's finest sites on a budget is very informative. Although a couple of them aren't really my thing (Madame Tussauds & Harrods!!!- cant be seen shopping at the competitor!) I love the idea of jumping on the bus and the clipper.
Temporary Secretary - Photo Tips for Beauty Bloggers ~ Although not a big beauty blogger I thoroughly enjoyed this post from this newly discovered blog on how to photograph beauty products at their best. I liked that it posted imagery mistakes as well as what good looks like. An informative post with lovely images. I will be coming back to this blog often. 
This Fashion is Mine - iPhone photography ~ For someone who is constantly trying to take good photo's on my phone and with recent workshops and avid blog reading I am slowly getting there. This post was a great prompt of the key things of taking great photographs, with some great tips. Will definitely be coming back to this blog for more photography posts from Gwen... thank-you x
Painting Kitchen Cabinets - Hearthandmade ~ A favourite blog which has appeared in previous Social Media Sunday posts - this gorgeous post epitomises everything I would like to do I my tiny kitchen. This year I would like to overhaul the kitchen, this post has given me lots of ideas and plans to do something later this year. I could 'like' nearly every post on this blog as it is filled with gorgeous pastel loveliness. - delightful x
 

Instagram
Four of this months favourites all showcase what I love about summer and the final because the styling and colour palette are delightful. I am getting more into Instagram and this moth I am embarking on posting a snap everyday.... I will collate a share later in the month.
Brightbazaar - Will recently published his first home styling and lifestyle book, which is a mix of primary colours and gorgeous styling. I love the magazine styling in the background of this picture, it completely compliments the gorgeous mint green kitchen-aid perfectly - yum!
klmpink - Kate's gorgeous jug of sweet peas is my favourite shot of the month. My gramps grew sweet peas around the back of his shed and they were beautiful, they bloom for such a short time but are my favourite flower .. this picture evokes the summers of long ago along with a delightful fragrance.
StephanieHowell - Stephanie's photographs as she, her 4 delightful girls and GI J live a posting in Italy is just gorgeous, every day is an adventure which she catalogues, snaps and scrapbooks beautifully.I have followed S's blog for about 6 years now and live a vicarious Italian life through her images. This fruit snap sums up the fabulous offers that Italian markets sell daily - delicious, I could devour the peaches, my mouth is watering just looking at them.
Mrs_Button - another Instagram favourite and another jug of sweet peas. I love Mrs's B's posts, gorgeous styling in her home in the country - gorgeous. This snap looks like a perfect day.
Kate_mystylediary - This gorgeous market snap is shot at Borough market and sums up all the fabulous fruits for the summer. The glut of cherries is gorgeous and one of my favourite summer fruits.... scrummy.
That's it for social media sunday for this month. Here are previous social posts from this year. Thankyou to all that have posted me comments, messages or 'likes' on twitter, Instagram or my blog. They mean a lot and always put a smile on my face...so this month what have you been tweeting, 'liking' following lately? would love to know. What blog recommendations do you have ... happy Sunday x

1 comment:

Temporary:Secretary said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Teresa! I am going to check out your other recommendations now. Thanks again :-) xxx