Sunday, 3 August 2014

Social Media Sunday ~ July

Its that time of the month again when I share what I've enjoyed reading and viewing on Social Media during July. Along with reading what other people have been doing I have also enjoyed the 2 Mollie Makes special editions that were published June/July on Photography and Blogging, full of fabulous content and glorious images.
Blogland
  • A Beauty Junkie in London - along with a fabulous library of beauty posts Jen also blogs her travels, life in London and now planning her wedding. I really enjoyed this post on The Angel Hotel in Bury St Edmunds. I love Bury, it holds a special place in my heart as it where my granddad was born and where his brothers and sisters lived all of their life. There is a lot of my heritage in this historic market town and I am determined to go for a weekend and stay at this gorgeous boutique hotel... thanks for sharing the fab images and the adorable dog!
  • Another post from A beauty Junkie in London hit my favourite list for July, this one was on the things that she has learnt blogging. An informative, and honest post with some really useful points and great perspective.. thankyou
  • NYC, Style and  a little canoli... I've featured this blog before and keep returning. I am now compiling ideas for my trip later this year and this post about Afternoon Tea at the Plaza has definitely made it onto my MUST list for this year!... a post full of yummy images and a great review.
  • finally a recently discovered blog... Little Miss Katy... this great post on a very gorgeous looking coffee shop and deli a stones throw from my office and one that I haven't visited!... watch this space as I will definitely be going soon. Thanks K for sharing, I love a great coffee shop and this looks delightful.
Instagram
 
This months favourite Instagram snaps were influenced by the weather, its been gloriously hot in London and across the pond in New York, however its not been without a couple of huge thunderstorms which changed the skies and landscapes in the city. It was also about having fun in the sun as well.
 


  • DanTVusa - I am a big fan of Dan's Instagram page and find myself favouriting many of his images, The fact that he is currently living and working in New York also has something to do with it!... this fabulous image of the storm clouds building for a summer storm is so evocative its stunning.
  • MPSasu - The Instagram page for the Metropolitan Police helicopter team is one of my absolute favourites, the imagery from above London that they shoot, usually when they are on route back to the base after dealing with their day job is stunning. When the big summer storm hit London in July the crew were grounded, however they di get this fabulous shot of the helicopter lit up by a lightening filled sky.
  • BrooklynBaker - BB's Instagram is usually filled with bakes & cakes from his Baked business in new York, however this snap of a heat filled skyline and storm clouds is perfect postcard imagery.  
  • Icey_mark is a very old friend of mine and he usually tweets and instagrams images to support his work as an oceanographer, however this fabulous picture of furry friends having their annual summer wash hanging on the washing line really made me chuckle. 3 furry pals looking bright in the summer sun.
  • Florence and Mary- this very fun snap of after works drinks in the London sunshine sums up what a great July it was in the City, back dropped to the Shard its the essence of summer 2014
as well as the summer sunshine being a favourite for me in July on Instagram, the Book Benches that have been dotted around London for this summer have also been a favourite. I spent a day in London in July on a  bit of a literary adventure which included seeing some of the benches. This series of posts were some of my most popular with the Richard Armitage post proving to be very popular with many re-tweets & favourites on twitter and over 200 views on my blog!... Here's some of my favourite images on Instagram.
That's it for social media sunday for this month. Here are previous social posts from this year. Thankyou to all that have posted me comments, messages or 'likes' on twitter, Instagram or my blog. They mean a lot and always put a smile on my face...so this month what have you been tweeting, 'liking' following lately? would love to know. What blog recommendations do you have ... happy Sunday x

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

Thank you for including me in your round up! I hope there's an August filled of more drinks in the City!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

Little Miss Katy said...

Aww thank you! Thanks for the feature Teresa :)

I look forward to reading about your trip to Taylor St. Can't wait to see what you think of it! xx

Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Social Media Sunday ~ July

Its that time of the month again when I share what I've enjoyed reading and viewing on Social Media during July. Along with reading what other people have been doing I have also enjoyed the 2 Mollie Makes special editions that were published June/July on Photography and Blogging, full of fabulous content and glorious images.
Blogland
  • A Beauty Junkie in London - along with a fabulous library of beauty posts Jen also blogs her travels, life in London and now planning her wedding. I really enjoyed this post on The Angel Hotel in Bury St Edmunds. I love Bury, it holds a special place in my heart as it where my granddad was born and where his brothers and sisters lived all of their life. There is a lot of my heritage in this historic market town and I am determined to go for a weekend and stay at this gorgeous boutique hotel... thanks for sharing the fab images and the adorable dog!
  • Another post from A beauty Junkie in London hit my favourite list for July, this one was on the things that she has learnt blogging. An informative, and honest post with some really useful points and great perspective.. thankyou
  • NYC, Style and  a little canoli... I've featured this blog before and keep returning. I am now compiling ideas for my trip later this year and this post about Afternoon Tea at the Plaza has definitely made it onto my MUST list for this year!... a post full of yummy images and a great review.
  • finally a recently discovered blog... Little Miss Katy... this great post on a very gorgeous looking coffee shop and deli a stones throw from my office and one that I haven't visited!... watch this space as I will definitely be going soon. Thanks K for sharing, I love a great coffee shop and this looks delightful.
Instagram
 
This months favourite Instagram snaps were influenced by the weather, its been gloriously hot in London and across the pond in New York, however its not been without a couple of huge thunderstorms which changed the skies and landscapes in the city. It was also about having fun in the sun as well.
 


  • DanTVusa - I am a big fan of Dan's Instagram page and find myself favouriting many of his images, The fact that he is currently living and working in New York also has something to do with it!... this fabulous image of the storm clouds building for a summer storm is so evocative its stunning.
  • MPSasu - The Instagram page for the Metropolitan Police helicopter team is one of my absolute favourites, the imagery from above London that they shoot, usually when they are on route back to the base after dealing with their day job is stunning. When the big summer storm hit London in July the crew were grounded, however they di get this fabulous shot of the helicopter lit up by a lightening filled sky.
  • BrooklynBaker - BB's Instagram is usually filled with bakes & cakes from his Baked business in new York, however this snap of a heat filled skyline and storm clouds is perfect postcard imagery.  
  • Icey_mark is a very old friend of mine and he usually tweets and instagrams images to support his work as an oceanographer, however this fabulous picture of furry friends having their annual summer wash hanging on the washing line really made me chuckle. 3 furry pals looking bright in the summer sun.
  • Florence and Mary- this very fun snap of after works drinks in the London sunshine sums up what a great July it was in the City, back dropped to the Shard its the essence of summer 2014
as well as the summer sunshine being a favourite for me in July on Instagram, the Book Benches that have been dotted around London for this summer have also been a favourite. I spent a day in London in July on a  bit of a literary adventure which included seeing some of the benches. This series of posts were some of my most popular with the Richard Armitage post proving to be very popular with many re-tweets & favourites on twitter and over 200 views on my blog!... Here's some of my favourite images on Instagram.
That's it for social media sunday for this month. Here are previous social posts from this year. Thankyou to all that have posted me comments, messages or 'likes' on twitter, Instagram or my blog. They mean a lot and always put a smile on my face...so this month what have you been tweeting, 'liking' following lately? would love to know. What blog recommendations do you have ... happy Sunday x

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

Thank you for including me in your round up! I hope there's an August filled of more drinks in the City!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

Little Miss Katy said...

Aww thank you! Thanks for the feature Teresa :)

I look forward to reading about your trip to Taylor St. Can't wait to see what you think of it! xx

Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion