Thursday, 25 September 2014

90 days.....

and its Christmas Day!...... yes I am talking Christmas!
 The big Yellow store opened its Christmas Hall in August and held its Press Show in July.
 ...I have been in Christmas meetings since Easter and are now on the last 3 months countdown!....
I can already hear my friend Ali screaming at this post as she has a hashtag running on twitter of #keepchristmasindecember ... I wish I could only think about in December, but in retail its all about the next 3 months...  I have already received 2 Christmas brochures in the post, and I imagine that Boots will launch theirs next week.... the reality is that its 3 paydays away!

Santa arrived in his shorts and sunglasses to kick start Christmas...
Over the next 90 days I will share some of amazing Christmas treats of Selfridges during the holiday period.
Christmas is sited on the 4th floor and is phased across themes and colour palletes... there are so many lovely things... I really like this mix of Gold & Silver colourways,  it looks like the paper pompom style decorations will be on trend again this year.... the VM team does a fabulous job of styling.
Love the ice-skates styling.... will definitely be using my vintage skates as a feature for my Christmas at home. One of the most popular themes during the August period is the London range... the tourist market love it and the Selfridges Union Jack is one of the favourites.
 Santa in the Telephone box is proving to be a Selfie favourite.... the pastel range is also a big talking point and gives a completely different feel to Christmas .... really love this, but will not co-ordinate with any of my plans this year!.... yes I already have planned out theme, styling and look!
 Traditional is always a must..... really love this display and covert the chair, hat &personalised santa sack lots! Green & Gold will feature lots during the Christmas countdown...
 So with 90 days to go, I hope that you have enjoyed my start to Christmas, each week I will post a little more of Mr Selfridges Christmas 2014!.... let the countdown begin.

3 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

I'm already halfway through my Christmas shopping so that come December I can enjoy the festive spirit!

Must make my annual pilgrimage to Selfridges and check out the Christmas dept.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

dawn060861 said...

I love Christmas and plan for it a lot of the year, I love seeing the displays in stores,Santa in a phone box...great! I love being all done by the end of November then I can enjoy December events without the worry,just the food and drinks to take care of, fab post x Dawn

mrsmsmeanderings said...

No, no, no - I'm closing my eyes. I can't possibly think about Christmas until after Bonfire Night!!! xx

Thursday, 25 September 2014

90 days.....

and its Christmas Day!...... yes I am talking Christmas!
 The big Yellow store opened its Christmas Hall in August and held its Press Show in July.
 ...I have been in Christmas meetings since Easter and are now on the last 3 months countdown!....
I can already hear my friend Ali screaming at this post as she has a hashtag running on twitter of #keepchristmasindecember ... I wish I could only think about in December, but in retail its all about the next 3 months...  I have already received 2 Christmas brochures in the post, and I imagine that Boots will launch theirs next week.... the reality is that its 3 paydays away!

Santa arrived in his shorts and sunglasses to kick start Christmas...
Over the next 90 days I will share some of amazing Christmas treats of Selfridges during the holiday period.
Christmas is sited on the 4th floor and is phased across themes and colour palletes... there are so many lovely things... I really like this mix of Gold & Silver colourways,  it looks like the paper pompom style decorations will be on trend again this year.... the VM team does a fabulous job of styling.
Love the ice-skates styling.... will definitely be using my vintage skates as a feature for my Christmas at home. One of the most popular themes during the August period is the London range... the tourist market love it and the Selfridges Union Jack is one of the favourites.
 Santa in the Telephone box is proving to be a Selfie favourite.... the pastel range is also a big talking point and gives a completely different feel to Christmas .... really love this, but will not co-ordinate with any of my plans this year!.... yes I already have planned out theme, styling and look!
 Traditional is always a must..... really love this display and covert the chair, hat &personalised santa sack lots! Green & Gold will feature lots during the Christmas countdown...
 So with 90 days to go, I hope that you have enjoyed my start to Christmas, each week I will post a little more of Mr Selfridges Christmas 2014!.... let the countdown begin.

3 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

I'm already halfway through my Christmas shopping so that come December I can enjoy the festive spirit!

Must make my annual pilgrimage to Selfridges and check out the Christmas dept.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

dawn060861 said...

I love Christmas and plan for it a lot of the year, I love seeing the displays in stores,Santa in a phone box...great! I love being all done by the end of November then I can enjoy December events without the worry,just the food and drinks to take care of, fab post x Dawn

mrsmsmeanderings said...

No, no, no - I'm closing my eyes. I can't possibly think about Christmas until after Bonfire Night!!! xx