Monday, 22 September 2014

An evening of ABC ....

Authors, Books and Cocktails.... Wednesday night I spent the evening at the Century Club on Shaftsbury avenue at the first Book Club event from All About You  in association with Pan Macmillan with 3 authors that I have enjoyed immensely over the years.
Lucy Diamond, Karen Swan and Jane Green.
I have featured all 3 several times on the blog as they have all written books that have stayed with me after reading. Lucy & Karen I featured on this  Septembers book post... and have blogged about both previously, here is my Christmas reads post. and Jane's Love Verb featured here
The evening kicked off with introductions from Bernadette from AAY and Caroline from Pan Macmillan, and opening questions to the 3 authors. This was followed by the Lucy, Karen & Jane reading extracts from their 3 books, recently published.
Lucy ~ One Night in Italy
Karen ~ The Summer Without You
Jane ~ Saving Grace
All 3 gave great insight into their books and the inspiration to their writing. They said to all would be writers - "write the book that you want to write".  It was much fun, with lots of laughter ... thankyou ladies for your tips & honesty.
After the questions the Ladies moved to the back of the room to book sign and meet the audience. It was lovely talking to all three, as they all have, at some point caused me to miss my stop on the tube on-route to work.
 All 3 have a book that features in my favourites list and I have both a well thumbed copy, and a copy on kindle.  Jane's - Jemima J- one of my go to books in my 20's the fat girl desperately trying to fit into the society she works and win the heart of her best friend. Karen's - Christmas at Tiffany's - Cassie embarks on an amazing journey between London, New York, Paris after heartbreak and with the support of her 3 best friends. Lucy's - The Beach Café - Evie inherits her aunts beach café on the coast of Cornwall and changes her life in the process...
I had a fabulous evening talking to the authors, drinking cocktails and chatting about books.... thankyou all involved. I look forward to the next one... the goodie bag was a lovely little treat.
It was so lovely to see Jane looking so well and rocking not only fabulous hair but also some gorgeous shoes. Jane was diagnosed with malignant melanoma earlier this year and has been talking about on her recent book tour, women's hour and in yesterday's daily mail.  I hope that her recovery continues along with her fabulous writing.
Excited to hear from both Lucy and Karen of Christmas sequels to The Beach Café and Christmas at Tiffany's.... both now on pre-order!. and looking forward to starting Jane's Saving Grace next week x

No comments:

Monday, 22 September 2014

An evening of ABC ....

Authors, Books and Cocktails.... Wednesday night I spent the evening at the Century Club on Shaftsbury avenue at the first Book Club event from All About You  in association with Pan Macmillan with 3 authors that I have enjoyed immensely over the years.
Lucy Diamond, Karen Swan and Jane Green.
I have featured all 3 several times on the blog as they have all written books that have stayed with me after reading. Lucy & Karen I featured on this  Septembers book post... and have blogged about both previously, here is my Christmas reads post. and Jane's Love Verb featured here
The evening kicked off with introductions from Bernadette from AAY and Caroline from Pan Macmillan, and opening questions to the 3 authors. This was followed by the Lucy, Karen & Jane reading extracts from their 3 books, recently published.
Lucy ~ One Night in Italy
Karen ~ The Summer Without You
Jane ~ Saving Grace
All 3 gave great insight into their books and the inspiration to their writing. They said to all would be writers - "write the book that you want to write".  It was much fun, with lots of laughter ... thankyou ladies for your tips & honesty.
After the questions the Ladies moved to the back of the room to book sign and meet the audience. It was lovely talking to all three, as they all have, at some point caused me to miss my stop on the tube on-route to work.
 All 3 have a book that features in my favourites list and I have both a well thumbed copy, and a copy on kindle.  Jane's - Jemima J- one of my go to books in my 20's the fat girl desperately trying to fit into the society she works and win the heart of her best friend. Karen's - Christmas at Tiffany's - Cassie embarks on an amazing journey between London, New York, Paris after heartbreak and with the support of her 3 best friends. Lucy's - The Beach Café - Evie inherits her aunts beach café on the coast of Cornwall and changes her life in the process...
I had a fabulous evening talking to the authors, drinking cocktails and chatting about books.... thankyou all involved. I look forward to the next one... the goodie bag was a lovely little treat.
It was so lovely to see Jane looking so well and rocking not only fabulous hair but also some gorgeous shoes. Jane was diagnosed with malignant melanoma earlier this year and has been talking about on her recent book tour, women's hour and in yesterday's daily mail.  I hope that her recovery continues along with her fabulous writing.
Excited to hear from both Lucy and Karen of Christmas sequels to The Beach Café and Christmas at Tiffany's.... both now on pre-order!. and looking forward to starting Jane's Saving Grace next week x

No comments: