Sunday, 21 September 2014

T's TV treats....

It's been some time since I shared a TV post of what has been keeping me entertained on the Googlebox!.... happy to say that that's back next week which will bring much fun to a Friday night.
Not much has kept my attention on the TV in recent months. With the weather being nice during the summer it has meant that I have gone out more or taken the opportunity just to spend some down time in the park.
I have however in September, devoured Season 1 and Season 2 of Scandal. Very late to the party with this, but absolutely loving it. Kerry Washington who plays Oliver Pope the lead character I have complete wardrobe envy with.... (it seems so do many other looking at the Pinterest posts)
Having been to Washington and completely fell in love with the whole political vibe, especially the White House, this is a win win for me. If you loved The West Wing and State of Play this is for you... from the creator of Greys Anatomy it has it all, power, thrills, excitement & sexy romance!..

As those of you that read this blog know, I abhor reality TV so Xfactor, Britains got talent and programmes similar are a natural switch off for me.... I am this year, however looking forward to Strictly now that Brucie has hung up his tap shoes!... The Eye-candy line up for us ladies is also an added bonus!
With Autumn TV just beginning to start, I am looking forward to the following.
Downton Abbey - returns for series 5, looking forward to more of Dame Maggie Smith's put me downs, sumptuous setting and hopefully a cameo from the gorgeous George Clooney at Christmas.

Our Girl - a one off drama last year that has now been turned into a series. I really enjoyed this last year Lacey Turner as a young girl from a run-down council estate tries to better her life by joining the army as a medic. This series sees her head to Afghanistan...

The Fall - starring Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan ( Mr 50 shades himself) back for a 2nd series of this Thriller that spooked the whole of my spring last year.  Jamie Dornan is so easy on the eye, you cannot believe that he is committing such terrible crimes. I hope that it lives up to the 1st series.

Grantchester - Set in 1953 in the Cambridge hamlet of Grantchester  the drama focuses upon the life of Sidney Chambers, a charismatic, charming clergyman who turns investigative vicar when one of his parishioners dies in suspicious circumstances. Starring James Norton and Robson Green.
What has been keeping your attention on the TV... or what are you looking forward to this Autumn?... would love to hear?... 
   

 

3 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

I'm OBSESSED with Scandal... I've been hunting out an Olivia Pope style coat for Winter but somehow managed to go for the complete opposite colour. I do have the red wine drinking down though!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Scandal is on my 'to watch' list as well. Bit disappointed by the first episode of Downton last night, hope it gets a bit better as the season continues. x

dawn060861 said...

I love a good drama and Autumn is drama season and can't wait for some of the ones that have been advertised,hope they don't disappoint! I love Robson Green he is such a talented actor.
great post x Dawn

Sunday, 21 September 2014

T's TV treats....

It's been some time since I shared a TV post of what has been keeping me entertained on the Googlebox!.... happy to say that that's back next week which will bring much fun to a Friday night.
Not much has kept my attention on the TV in recent months. With the weather being nice during the summer it has meant that I have gone out more or taken the opportunity just to spend some down time in the park.
I have however in September, devoured Season 1 and Season 2 of Scandal. Very late to the party with this, but absolutely loving it. Kerry Washington who plays Oliver Pope the lead character I have complete wardrobe envy with.... (it seems so do many other looking at the Pinterest posts)
Having been to Washington and completely fell in love with the whole political vibe, especially the White House, this is a win win for me. If you loved The West Wing and State of Play this is for you... from the creator of Greys Anatomy it has it all, power, thrills, excitement & sexy romance!..

As those of you that read this blog know, I abhor reality TV so Xfactor, Britains got talent and programmes similar are a natural switch off for me.... I am this year, however looking forward to Strictly now that Brucie has hung up his tap shoes!... The Eye-candy line up for us ladies is also an added bonus!
With Autumn TV just beginning to start, I am looking forward to the following.
Downton Abbey - returns for series 5, looking forward to more of Dame Maggie Smith's put me downs, sumptuous setting and hopefully a cameo from the gorgeous George Clooney at Christmas.

Our Girl - a one off drama last year that has now been turned into a series. I really enjoyed this last year Lacey Turner as a young girl from a run-down council estate tries to better her life by joining the army as a medic. This series sees her head to Afghanistan...

The Fall - starring Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan ( Mr 50 shades himself) back for a 2nd series of this Thriller that spooked the whole of my spring last year.  Jamie Dornan is so easy on the eye, you cannot believe that he is committing such terrible crimes. I hope that it lives up to the 1st series.

Grantchester - Set in 1953 in the Cambridge hamlet of Grantchester  the drama focuses upon the life of Sidney Chambers, a charismatic, charming clergyman who turns investigative vicar when one of his parishioners dies in suspicious circumstances. Starring James Norton and Robson Green.
What has been keeping your attention on the TV... or what are you looking forward to this Autumn?... would love to hear?... 
   

 

3 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

I'm OBSESSED with Scandal... I've been hunting out an Olivia Pope style coat for Winter but somehow managed to go for the complete opposite colour. I do have the red wine drinking down though!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Scandal is on my 'to watch' list as well. Bit disappointed by the first episode of Downton last night, hope it gets a bit better as the season continues. x

dawn060861 said...

I love a good drama and Autumn is drama season and can't wait for some of the ones that have been advertised,hope they don't disappoint! I love Robson Green he is such a talented actor.
great post x Dawn