Tuesday, 25 November 2014

New York State of Mind.....

This time next week I will be waking up in the city that doesn't sleep..... yes I am off to New York! I am a little excited.
It's 2 years since I was last there and really looking forward to going back. My bucket-list of things to do/see/eat/drink is in excess of 60 ... not sure I will achieve that in 5 days, but I will do my hardest.
My Instagram feed is full of pictures which are just adding to the excitement, here a few of my favourite sights over the last couple of weeks...
  • Saks holiday lights & Rockefeller Angels from marekrr
  • Rockefeller centre from library hotel
  • a fabulous B&W street photo taken by DanTVusa
  • Centre St/Broome St Taxi scene from A guy named patrick.
  • Veterans Day lit Empire State from Dantvusa
  • Bloomingdales gorgeous photo of the One World Trade centre
  • Brooklyn Bridge & City skyline from David Gandy
  • Empire State lit in Tiffany Blue for Alzheimers
  • Fall follliage in Central park from russnyc.
As well as collating favourite sights, I have also collated some of my favourite eats & drinks locations. Looking at my list I think I am going to eat & drink my way around the city!
  • Sprinkles cupcakes & Bloomingdale's - the perfect combination.
  • Katz Deli - if it was goo enough for Harry & Sally then its good enough for me!
  • Baked - so pleased to see this Brooklyn Baker has moved into the Tribeca 
  • Sweet Revenge - a favourite NY must, where else can you get cupcakes & wine!
  • The Smith - perfect for breakfast & dinner... will definitely be visiting more than once. 
  • Campbell Apartment bar - tucked into the eves of Grand Central Station, looking forward to sipping a cocktail here in one of Gossip Girls favourites ... xoxo..
  • Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate & EggNog from Shake shack.... not just great burgers.
  • Bookmark Lounge in The Library Hotel, cocktails to match literary greats... complete with a heated balcony lounge.
As I'm typing this I have my New York playlist on in the background and I'm listening to the aptly named New York State of Mind!.... showcasing Billy Joel & Barbara Streisand.
will be sharing more of my New York countdown this week....

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Have a wonderful time - can't wait to read all about it and see your pics xx

Tuesday, 25 November 2014

New York State of Mind.....

This time next week I will be waking up in the city that doesn't sleep..... yes I am off to New York! I am a little excited.
It's 2 years since I was last there and really looking forward to going back. My bucket-list of things to do/see/eat/drink is in excess of 60 ... not sure I will achieve that in 5 days, but I will do my hardest.
My Instagram feed is full of pictures which are just adding to the excitement, here a few of my favourite sights over the last couple of weeks...
  • Saks holiday lights & Rockefeller Angels from marekrr
  • Rockefeller centre from library hotel
  • a fabulous B&W street photo taken by DanTVusa
  • Centre St/Broome St Taxi scene from A guy named patrick.
  • Veterans Day lit Empire State from Dantvusa
  • Bloomingdales gorgeous photo of the One World Trade centre
  • Brooklyn Bridge & City skyline from David Gandy
  • Empire State lit in Tiffany Blue for Alzheimers
  • Fall follliage in Central park from russnyc.
As well as collating favourite sights, I have also collated some of my favourite eats & drinks locations. Looking at my list I think I am going to eat & drink my way around the city!
  • Sprinkles cupcakes & Bloomingdale's - the perfect combination.
  • Katz Deli - if it was goo enough for Harry & Sally then its good enough for me!
  • Baked - so pleased to see this Brooklyn Baker has moved into the Tribeca 
  • Sweet Revenge - a favourite NY must, where else can you get cupcakes & wine!
  • The Smith - perfect for breakfast & dinner... will definitely be visiting more than once. 
  • Campbell Apartment bar - tucked into the eves of Grand Central Station, looking forward to sipping a cocktail here in one of Gossip Girls favourites ... xoxo..
  • Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate & EggNog from Shake shack.... not just great burgers.
  • Bookmark Lounge in The Library Hotel, cocktails to match literary greats... complete with a heated balcony lounge.
As I'm typing this I have my New York playlist on in the background and I'm listening to the aptly named New York State of Mind!.... showcasing Billy Joel & Barbara Streisand.
will be sharing more of my New York countdown this week....

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Have a wonderful time - can't wait to read all about it and see your pics xx