Saturday, 1 November 2014

# Project Life ~ October

Its hard to believe as I sit ad type this, that it is November and currently 18' outside.... October was glorious, filled with occasional rain, an even more occasional cold day and oodles of  autumnal sunshine.  With the weather being so warm, its hard to realise that Christmas is now only 7 weeks away......
October for me was gorgeous, I had some much needed time off work and I spent some it chilling and enjoying some sumptuous surroundings. It also kicked off Christmas and time for some planning... here's some snapshots from my October.
  • Destination Christmas Selfridges wrapped the store windows for a week to complete its holiday window install. Unveiling over a night to reveal the Selfridges Christmas story filled with fairytales, magic & wonder.... and 1000's of sparkly lights.
  • Fitz & Darcy have become familiar with the cat carrier this month as they have had weekly trips to the vets this month; they are now inoculated, micro-chipped, flea'ed and their boy bits chopped!... both have been exemplary patients.
  • Sunshine... glorious sunrises captured at different parts of the month, favourite being from the Savoy and standing on the station platform waiting for the train.
  • Kit sitting... this month I looked after Fitz & Darcy's brother and mum whilst friends were on holiday...  the kits are going back to spend the week with mum & bruv whilst  I am away next month.
  • Christmas & 2015 planning..... with so much in my diary I spent some down time planning and organising the next few months.
  • Starbucks Red Cups ... with the launch of Christmas at work, they also secured and exclusive with Starbucks to release their holiday range on the same day, along with an exclusive gold range of eats & treats.

  • A Sunday at the Savoy ~ overnight stay at The Savoy ticked a big box on my bucketlist. An glorious hotel full of glamour, old school charm and exemplary service. Had a truly magical stay.  Room was gorgeous, and the late night drinks were divine in the American Bar.
  • New York Planning ~ with 4 weeks to go until I'm in the big Apple!.... have 62 things on my 'must' list which I need to condense into 5 days!... think that I need to streamline the wish list!
  • Remembering loved ones passed... October saw Nan's birthday arrive, she would have been 93, although I go weekly to cemetary, for birthdays & occasions I have taken to picking my mum up and visiting together.. this allows us to grab a coffee after and spend sometime togther ( a rare occasion)
  • A night in Memphis - preview seats for the new west end musical Memphis, was fabulous. Beverley Knight & Killian Donnelly stealing the stage in presence and voice... a must see,great night out with me and the 'olds'.
  • Afternoon Tea Mr Selfridge style - Theatre pre-fixed by a scrumptious tea Mr Selfridge style in The Corner Restaurant of Selfridges ~ a hidden gem on the 2nd floor overlooking Oxford street.
  • Tony takes Drury Lane ~ Sunday night at the Savoy entertainment from Tony Hadley... an all round old school entertainer... sung a repertoire of songs spanning decades accompanied by a 50 piece orchestra... filled with glamour, charm and the occasional JD, all in beautiful surroundings.

So as we say goodbye to October, here's to a memorable November...... alas no trips to the Savoy planned this month, but with a trip to New York 4 weeks away, and Christmas 3 weeks after that, I have a quiet month planned!

No comments:

Saturday, 1 November 2014

# Project Life ~ October

Its hard to believe as I sit ad type this, that it is November and currently 18' outside.... October was glorious, filled with occasional rain, an even more occasional cold day and oodles of  autumnal sunshine.  With the weather being so warm, its hard to realise that Christmas is now only 7 weeks away......
October for me was gorgeous, I had some much needed time off work and I spent some it chilling and enjoying some sumptuous surroundings. It also kicked off Christmas and time for some planning... here's some snapshots from my October.
  • Destination Christmas Selfridges wrapped the store windows for a week to complete its holiday window install. Unveiling over a night to reveal the Selfridges Christmas story filled with fairytales, magic & wonder.... and 1000's of sparkly lights.
  • Fitz & Darcy have become familiar with the cat carrier this month as they have had weekly trips to the vets this month; they are now inoculated, micro-chipped, flea'ed and their boy bits chopped!... both have been exemplary patients.
  • Sunshine... glorious sunrises captured at different parts of the month, favourite being from the Savoy and standing on the station platform waiting for the train.
  • Kit sitting... this month I looked after Fitz & Darcy's brother and mum whilst friends were on holiday...  the kits are going back to spend the week with mum & bruv whilst  I am away next month.
  • Christmas & 2015 planning..... with so much in my diary I spent some down time planning and organising the next few months.
  • Starbucks Red Cups ... with the launch of Christmas at work, they also secured and exclusive with Starbucks to release their holiday range on the same day, along with an exclusive gold range of eats & treats.

  • A Sunday at the Savoy ~ overnight stay at The Savoy ticked a big box on my bucketlist. An glorious hotel full of glamour, old school charm and exemplary service. Had a truly magical stay.  Room was gorgeous, and the late night drinks were divine in the American Bar.
  • New York Planning ~ with 4 weeks to go until I'm in the big Apple!.... have 62 things on my 'must' list which I need to condense into 5 days!... think that I need to streamline the wish list!
  • Remembering loved ones passed... October saw Nan's birthday arrive, she would have been 93, although I go weekly to cemetary, for birthdays & occasions I have taken to picking my mum up and visiting together.. this allows us to grab a coffee after and spend sometime togther ( a rare occasion)
  • A night in Memphis - preview seats for the new west end musical Memphis, was fabulous. Beverley Knight & Killian Donnelly stealing the stage in presence and voice... a must see,great night out with me and the 'olds'.
  • Afternoon Tea Mr Selfridge style - Theatre pre-fixed by a scrumptious tea Mr Selfridge style in The Corner Restaurant of Selfridges ~ a hidden gem on the 2nd floor overlooking Oxford street.
  • Tony takes Drury Lane ~ Sunday night at the Savoy entertainment from Tony Hadley... an all round old school entertainer... sung a repertoire of songs spanning decades accompanied by a 50 piece orchestra... filled with glamour, charm and the occasional JD, all in beautiful surroundings.

So as we say goodbye to October, here's to a memorable November...... alas no trips to the Savoy planned this month, but with a trip to New York 4 weeks away, and Christmas 3 weeks after that, I have a quiet month planned!

No comments: