Friday, 23 January 2015

Bucket List and Blog planning

January gets written out of my calendar each year due to the incredibly heavy work schedule. Every year I think it might be a little different, however new challenges and old issues  rear their head and any thoughts to leaving home later than 5.45am and getting home before 8pm go straight out of the window. Daylight is only glimmered from my desk and weekends off are a non-starter!.
As with most things there is a small silver lining and it gives me an opportunity whilst on the train to idly daydream and create my bucket list for the year ahead. Its always lovely to look forward to things and I try to book stuff in January for the coming year. This year I am also trying
to be less compulsive and a little more impulsive (the only thing that bucks the trend to this is my handbag purchases, where I need to revert more to type!)
Here's a few things I have to look forward to:

  • Spandau Ballet Soul Boys tour - so excited that these are back together and touring, especially after seeing the movie last year - looking forward to an evening of Gold with the girls.
  • Alexander Mcqueen's savage beauty exhibition at the V&A - stunning when I saw it at the Met in New York, so looking forward to seeing it again in his home town.
  • Photography styling workshop with Emily Quinton - thoroughly enjoyed my day with Emily last year and look forward to joining her again later in the year for Food photography and styling.
  • An evening with the Divine Miss M herself - Bette Midler - beyond excited about seeing this lady live, a fabulous all round entertainer,who I know puts on an amazing show and been on my wish list many years.
    My bucket list also includes a few food and afternoon treats in London and some days out in the UK; planned locations being Winchester, Bath and
    Derbyshire --- the book lovers amongst you will guess the connection between the locations!

    Aside from bucket listing I have also been Blog planning, enhancing on what I started last year around structure to my posts. Some of the themes worked for me last year and I enjoyed planning and writing them and it is these that I will continue with this year. Some of my blogger favourites have diversified into v-logging which I enjoy to watch, however its not something I will be trying myself as I loathe photographs (especially selfies - I could have a whole ranting post on this concept, but will refrain - fine if you are 14, not if you are 30+).. so the thought of being on video brings me out in hives! Bravo to all that video, talk & edit.
    • Social Media Sunday will continue, one of my favourite posts and it broadened my blogging & instagram platform, along with much fun on twitter.
    • London & New York loves - this will continue under a new title of City loves. I have over 40 post topics of things to share from my 5 days in New York in December and with some new city adventures planned this year, I hope to expand on my love of city's home & abroad and to continue to share my London adventures.
    • Book Loves  - Wednesday words will now become Book Loves, books will always play a key feature in my blog due to the volume that I read and my love of the literary world. Monthly posts planned fall round themes... so watch this space.
    • #Project Life - snapshot of the simple things in my life for that month,loves, likes, laughs & loathes.
      New Posts:
    • Coffee, Cake & T - a monthly coffee and cake stop either combined,homemade or from the city. Sharing my favourite of each for that month.
    • Last year I shared my handbag favourite for the month, in Totes Tuesday,I am sure I could fill another year of arm candy favourites, but I'm going to diversify and share my styling trend for the month, this will encompass handbags, accessories & beauty as I really enjoy using my Polyvore app to create this along with photography styling.
      Along with post themes, I am planning on having a monthly blog theme, I started to style my blog last year and have enjoyed styling the look for the last couple of blog updates, with my chalkboard styled christmas and gold styled January .... tips learnt from Emily and inspired by Kate Spade and her planner!
      My blog side bar has also had a little overhaul.
    • Calendar corner now shares my Dieux de Stade fortnightly rugby hottie! and On My Desk shares my David Gandy calendar for the month.... a little eye candy for the ladies.
    • Afternoon Tea favourites - links to some of my favourite tea treats visited.
    • Favourite Food Meets & Eats - cookery and baking celebrities & cooks & chefs
    • Favourite eats in the City - favourite food haunts in London.
    • Life with Mr Selfridge at 400 Oxford Street ~ adventures from the big yellow store on Oxford street,

      As you can see lots of plans for 2015, I hope that I can stick to them along with my 15 for 2015 commitments..... pop back soon to see how I am getting on, I would also love to know what you are planning for this year, so would love to hear from you.
      Tx



  • 2 comments:

    Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

    I am beyond envious you're off to see Bette!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    mrsmsmeanderings said...

    It all sounds fab - can't wait to read about your 2015 adventures. Oh, and the 40 NY posts, too, of course! Although I already know the best stories about that trip, of course! xx

    Friday, 23 January 2015

    Bucket List and Blog planning

    January gets written out of my calendar each year due to the incredibly heavy work schedule. Every year I think it might be a little different, however new challenges and old issues  rear their head and any thoughts to leaving home later than 5.45am and getting home before 8pm go straight out of the window. Daylight is only glimmered from my desk and weekends off are a non-starter!.
    As with most things there is a small silver lining and it gives me an opportunity whilst on the train to idly daydream and create my bucket list for the year ahead. Its always lovely to look forward to things and I try to book stuff in January for the coming year. This year I am also trying
    to be less compulsive and a little more impulsive (the only thing that bucks the trend to this is my handbag purchases, where I need to revert more to type!)
    Here's a few things I have to look forward to:

  • Spandau Ballet Soul Boys tour - so excited that these are back together and touring, especially after seeing the movie last year - looking forward to an evening of Gold with the girls.
  • Alexander Mcqueen's savage beauty exhibition at the V&A - stunning when I saw it at the Met in New York, so looking forward to seeing it again in his home town.
  • Photography styling workshop with Emily Quinton - thoroughly enjoyed my day with Emily last year and look forward to joining her again later in the year for Food photography and styling.
  • An evening with the Divine Miss M herself - Bette Midler - beyond excited about seeing this lady live, a fabulous all round entertainer,who I know puts on an amazing show and been on my wish list many years.
    My bucket list also includes a few food and afternoon treats in London and some days out in the UK; planned locations being Winchester, Bath and
    Derbyshire --- the book lovers amongst you will guess the connection between the locations!

    Aside from bucket listing I have also been Blog planning, enhancing on what I started last year around structure to my posts. Some of the themes worked for me last year and I enjoyed planning and writing them and it is these that I will continue with this year. Some of my blogger favourites have diversified into v-logging which I enjoy to watch, however its not something I will be trying myself as I loathe photographs (especially selfies - I could have a whole ranting post on this concept, but will refrain - fine if you are 14, not if you are 30+).. so the thought of being on video brings me out in hives! Bravo to all that video, talk & edit.
    • Social Media Sunday will continue, one of my favourite posts and it broadened my blogging & instagram platform, along with much fun on twitter.
    • London & New York loves - this will continue under a new title of City loves. I have over 40 post topics of things to share from my 5 days in New York in December and with some new city adventures planned this year, I hope to expand on my love of city's home & abroad and to continue to share my London adventures.
    • Book Loves  - Wednesday words will now become Book Loves, books will always play a key feature in my blog due to the volume that I read and my love of the literary world. Monthly posts planned fall round themes... so watch this space.
    • #Project Life - snapshot of the simple things in my life for that month,loves, likes, laughs & loathes.
      New Posts:
    • Coffee, Cake & T - a monthly coffee and cake stop either combined,homemade or from the city. Sharing my favourite of each for that month.
    • Last year I shared my handbag favourite for the month, in Totes Tuesday,I am sure I could fill another year of arm candy favourites, but I'm going to diversify and share my styling trend for the month, this will encompass handbags, accessories & beauty as I really enjoy using my Polyvore app to create this along with photography styling.
      Along with post themes, I am planning on having a monthly blog theme, I started to style my blog last year and have enjoyed styling the look for the last couple of blog updates, with my chalkboard styled christmas and gold styled January .... tips learnt from Emily and inspired by Kate Spade and her planner!
      My blog side bar has also had a little overhaul.
    • Calendar corner now shares my Dieux de Stade fortnightly rugby hottie! and On My Desk shares my David Gandy calendar for the month.... a little eye candy for the ladies.
    • Afternoon Tea favourites - links to some of my favourite tea treats visited.
    • Favourite Food Meets & Eats - cookery and baking celebrities & cooks & chefs
    • Favourite eats in the City - favourite food haunts in London.
    • Life with Mr Selfridge at 400 Oxford Street ~ adventures from the big yellow store on Oxford street,

      As you can see lots of plans for 2015, I hope that I can stick to them along with my 15 for 2015 commitments..... pop back soon to see how I am getting on, I would also love to know what you are planning for this year, so would love to hear from you.
      Tx



  • 2 comments:

    Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

    I am beyond envious you're off to see Bette!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    mrsmsmeanderings said...

    It all sounds fab - can't wait to read about your 2015 adventures. Oh, and the 40 NY posts, too, of course! Although I already know the best stories about that trip, of course! xx