Sunday, 18 January 2015

Literary adventures in New York...

with Ali and Scarlett.
 Ali McNamara's 3rd book in her From Nottinghill series published late October and with much self control I refrained from reading until I embarked on my own New York adventure early December. I read book 2 on a previous visit and loved reading Scarlett's escapades whilst in the big apple.
Book 3 ~ From Nottinghill with Four Weddings actually sees Scarlett commuting between New York and London as she manages 2 successful businesses each side of the Atlantic... her popcorn business in London and the dragonfly trust in New York. She is also planning her forthcoming wedding with her gorgeous fiance Sean.
In typical Scarlett's ditsy style she finds herself becoming friends with paparazzi darling Gabriella Romero and soon her little life is thrown off plan as it becomes a little hectic. With best friends Oscar and Maddie both having wedding & marriage dramas, Scarlett's perfect wedding is thrown into jeopardy, especially when best man Alex starts to meddle.
This book features so many of my favourite locations in both London (The Globe & Nottinghill) and New York and it was a joy to read whilst stateside.
It was lovely to catch-up with Scarlett and co, like meeting up with old friends. Alli's book features some new locations and old friends from The Plaza to Bradley Cooper and during my stay in New York this time, both featured in my week!.... pop back soon when I share both adventures!... along with a many more.
Thanks Alli for keeping me entertained whilst in New York... it was like having an old friend with me x

No comments:

Sunday, 18 January 2015

Literary adventures in New York...

with Ali and Scarlett.
 Ali McNamara's 3rd book in her From Nottinghill series published late October and with much self control I refrained from reading until I embarked on my own New York adventure early December. I read book 2 on a previous visit and loved reading Scarlett's escapades whilst in the big apple.
Book 3 ~ From Nottinghill with Four Weddings actually sees Scarlett commuting between New York and London as she manages 2 successful businesses each side of the Atlantic... her popcorn business in London and the dragonfly trust in New York. She is also planning her forthcoming wedding with her gorgeous fiance Sean.
In typical Scarlett's ditsy style she finds herself becoming friends with paparazzi darling Gabriella Romero and soon her little life is thrown off plan as it becomes a little hectic. With best friends Oscar and Maddie both having wedding & marriage dramas, Scarlett's perfect wedding is thrown into jeopardy, especially when best man Alex starts to meddle.
This book features so many of my favourite locations in both London (The Globe & Nottinghill) and New York and it was a joy to read whilst stateside.
It was lovely to catch-up with Scarlett and co, like meeting up with old friends. Alli's book features some new locations and old friends from The Plaza to Bradley Cooper and during my stay in New York this time, both featured in my week!.... pop back soon when I share both adventures!... along with a many more.
Thanks Alli for keeping me entertained whilst in New York... it was like having an old friend with me x

No comments: