Friday, 6 March 2015

T's Tv treats...

It's been sometime since I shared some treats that have been keeping me entertained on the TV. With January & February's work schedule being hectic, it doesn't leave me much time to do a great deal, however I have relaxed a little by catching up on some TV favourites and a few movie moments.
TV treats

  • Broadchurch - a slow burn for me, and one of the few things I watch 'live' to avoid all the spoilers on social media. Series 1 was one of my favourites in 2014, but this didn't excite me as much... great cast, and superb acting but story-line slow & weak in places.... not sure series 3 can go with this.
  •  Gogglebox  - a much welcome return to this 'fly on the wall' have loved both episodes and have laughed out loud lots!... too many good moments to mention, but Wolf Hall, & Basic Instinct proving much fun with viewers.
  •  The Good Wife - fallen back in love with this US show. Back for series 6, its full of legalities, intrigue & politics... perfect for me, along with some gorgeous eye candy in the shape of Steven Pasquale as Johnny Elfmann, Alica's campaign manager for her run as State Attorney.
  • Silent Witness - thoroughly enjoyed the return of this series, all double episodes were gripping and dramatic. Definitely felt like this series was back on top after a couple of weak series. I'm completely hooked on anything forensic, a throw-back to my youth and desire to be a pathologist.
  • Eastenders - its hard to believe that Eastenders is 30 years old, and enjoyed the 'live' week leading to the big reveal of Lucy Beales killer.  Danny Dyer is definitely turning into one of my favourite characters. Good to see EE back and delivering some great storylines.
  • Cucumber - is the 'Queer as Folk' of this generation. It is as shocking as queer as folk was 20 years ago, but often fun, moving and naughty!... I wouldn't expect anything else from Russel T Davies.
Movie Moments:  february saw me catch-up on some oldies that have been languishing in my 'to watch' pile, and re-visiting a favourite.
  • The Arrow - season 2 - very late to The Arrow party but completely hooked on this series. Sheer escapism from start to finish with some very delicious eye candy in Oliver Queen aka Steven Amall.
  • The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - a delightful little film filled with some of the nations favourite and much loved actors / actresses. I really enjoyed this heartwarming movie, featuring 3 of my favourites Judi Dench, Bill Nighy & Maggie Smith...  a joy from start to finish... will be going to cinema to see the sequel.
  • The Sweeney ~ when it was announced that The Sweeney would be re-made with Ray Winstone as Reagan I was intrigued. The Sweeney is an old skool classic, however I enjoyed the remake, it was rough, ready and full of the classic Sweeney moments, with a twist of humour. With supporting cast of Damian Lewis & Plan B... its full of car chases, cops & villains and Ray Winstone at his East End best.
  • The Thomas Crown Affair -  this movie got a dusting off the DVD shelf as not only is it one of my favourites, but in my opinion is the original "Fifty Shades".... this movie is as slick, sexy, cinematic and stylish... featuring a bored billionaire who pulls off a heist from the Metropolitan museum of Art in new York.  Pierce Brosnan  plays Mr Crown who seduces the Insurance investigator (played by the stunning Renee Russo) by flying her off to a Caribbean island where clothes are an option, soaring above the skys in a glider and shagging her senseless across his stunning upper east side townhouse!... can you see the similarities!... this movie without a doubt influenced EL James ... check out the trailer here
What has been keeping your attention on the TV... or what are you looking forward to this Spring?... would love to hear?... 

No comments:

Friday, 6 March 2015

T's Tv treats...

It's been sometime since I shared some treats that have been keeping me entertained on the TV. With January & February's work schedule being hectic, it doesn't leave me much time to do a great deal, however I have relaxed a little by catching up on some TV favourites and a few movie moments.
TV treats

  • Broadchurch - a slow burn for me, and one of the few things I watch 'live' to avoid all the spoilers on social media. Series 1 was one of my favourites in 2014, but this didn't excite me as much... great cast, and superb acting but story-line slow & weak in places.... not sure series 3 can go with this.
  •  Gogglebox  - a much welcome return to this 'fly on the wall' have loved both episodes and have laughed out loud lots!... too many good moments to mention, but Wolf Hall, & Basic Instinct proving much fun with viewers.
  •  The Good Wife - fallen back in love with this US show. Back for series 6, its full of legalities, intrigue & politics... perfect for me, along with some gorgeous eye candy in the shape of Steven Pasquale as Johnny Elfmann, Alica's campaign manager for her run as State Attorney.
  • Silent Witness - thoroughly enjoyed the return of this series, all double episodes were gripping and dramatic. Definitely felt like this series was back on top after a couple of weak series. I'm completely hooked on anything forensic, a throw-back to my youth and desire to be a pathologist.
  • Eastenders - its hard to believe that Eastenders is 30 years old, and enjoyed the 'live' week leading to the big reveal of Lucy Beales killer.  Danny Dyer is definitely turning into one of my favourite characters. Good to see EE back and delivering some great storylines.
  • Cucumber - is the 'Queer as Folk' of this generation. It is as shocking as queer as folk was 20 years ago, but often fun, moving and naughty!... I wouldn't expect anything else from Russel T Davies.
Movie Moments:  february saw me catch-up on some oldies that have been languishing in my 'to watch' pile, and re-visiting a favourite.
  • The Arrow - season 2 - very late to The Arrow party but completely hooked on this series. Sheer escapism from start to finish with some very delicious eye candy in Oliver Queen aka Steven Amall.
  • The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - a delightful little film filled with some of the nations favourite and much loved actors / actresses. I really enjoyed this heartwarming movie, featuring 3 of my favourites Judi Dench, Bill Nighy & Maggie Smith...  a joy from start to finish... will be going to cinema to see the sequel.
  • The Sweeney ~ when it was announced that The Sweeney would be re-made with Ray Winstone as Reagan I was intrigued. The Sweeney is an old skool classic, however I enjoyed the remake, it was rough, ready and full of the classic Sweeney moments, with a twist of humour. With supporting cast of Damian Lewis & Plan B... its full of car chases, cops & villains and Ray Winstone at his East End best.
  • The Thomas Crown Affair -  this movie got a dusting off the DVD shelf as not only is it one of my favourites, but in my opinion is the original "Fifty Shades".... this movie is as slick, sexy, cinematic and stylish... featuring a bored billionaire who pulls off a heist from the Metropolitan museum of Art in new York.  Pierce Brosnan  plays Mr Crown who seduces the Insurance investigator (played by the stunning Renee Russo) by flying her off to a Caribbean island where clothes are an option, soaring above the skys in a glider and shagging her senseless across his stunning upper east side townhouse!... can you see the similarities!... this movie without a doubt influenced EL James ... check out the trailer here
What has been keeping your attention on the TV... or what are you looking forward to this Spring?... would love to hear?... 

No comments: