Thursday, 2 April 2015

Goodbye March, Hello April.....

Saying a late goodbye to March and a much welcomed hello to April... March was a roller coaster of a month filled with many trips down memory lane. It was a month of surprises, love, nostalgia, sadness and lots of friendship....
March kicked off with me picking up my new car, a fabulous little Fiat 500. I have had new cars before when I had company cars, but this is the first car I've driven out of the dealers that is mine!... I've had much fun driving around the city this month in my 500, styling my accessories to suit
Early March saw a surprise little 60th birthday soiree for my lovely friend C, where I made a cake for the birthday girl!.... featuring a little bit of leopard print, handbags & shoes. Late March saw 50 artfully designed Shaun the sheep located across London for a charity trail. I was very excited to find Liberty Shaun as my first sheep, planning a Shaun adventure in April....
Two occasions fell in March which enabled me to spend some time with my mum, Mothers Day was one and the anniversary of Gramps's passing. We have now got into a little routine where I pick her up and we go to the cemetery, followed by coffee & brunch at a little local cafe, it doesn't sound much but its a nice couple of hours.
March saw me loose a close colleague at work suddenly, which has devastated us all and completely changed the balance of my month and really has made me think hard about my work/life balance and making the most of every day.
March saw me spend time with loved ones, friends & family. My oldest friend K and I had a leisurely lunch at One Aldwych in London which was gorgeous. I also had another fabulous lunch at The Ritz with my friend C for her 60th birthday, which was preceded by a morning at the McQueen exhibition at the V&A and then a late afternoon at the Sky Garden in Fenchurch street which was stunning.
An evening that we all spent together was at the O2 seeing the Spandau Ballet boys on stage ... a fabulously nostalgic evening.
The end of March also saw another 60th birthday bash; this one a full Irish shindig for my friends partner John!.... held in a club that I used to work evenings behind the bar it was a real trip down memory lane, for so many more reasons than I am willing to share on my blog!....
My hair got its spring makeover with some burgundy foils, complimenting my blog theme for the month.
In-between the rain showers and even having a new car my sneakers have been used lots in March with trips to the station and gym.... all suitably styled with Longchamp, Kate Spade & Nike.
I am hoping to get out and about more in April, and surprisingly at the moment don't have many plans. I am sure that they will feature my Fiat  & Shaun the Sheep!... what was March like for you? ...

1 comment:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm making it my mission to track down all the Shauns!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Thursday, 2 April 2015

Goodbye March, Hello April.....

Saying a late goodbye to March and a much welcomed hello to April... March was a roller coaster of a month filled with many trips down memory lane. It was a month of surprises, love, nostalgia, sadness and lots of friendship....
March kicked off with me picking up my new car, a fabulous little Fiat 500. I have had new cars before when I had company cars, but this is the first car I've driven out of the dealers that is mine!... I've had much fun driving around the city this month in my 500, styling my accessories to suit
Early March saw a surprise little 60th birthday soiree for my lovely friend C, where I made a cake for the birthday girl!.... featuring a little bit of leopard print, handbags & shoes. Late March saw 50 artfully designed Shaun the sheep located across London for a charity trail. I was very excited to find Liberty Shaun as my first sheep, planning a Shaun adventure in April....
Two occasions fell in March which enabled me to spend some time with my mum, Mothers Day was one and the anniversary of Gramps's passing. We have now got into a little routine where I pick her up and we go to the cemetery, followed by coffee & brunch at a little local cafe, it doesn't sound much but its a nice couple of hours.
March saw me loose a close colleague at work suddenly, which has devastated us all and completely changed the balance of my month and really has made me think hard about my work/life balance and making the most of every day.
March saw me spend time with loved ones, friends & family. My oldest friend K and I had a leisurely lunch at One Aldwych in London which was gorgeous. I also had another fabulous lunch at The Ritz with my friend C for her 60th birthday, which was preceded by a morning at the McQueen exhibition at the V&A and then a late afternoon at the Sky Garden in Fenchurch street which was stunning.
An evening that we all spent together was at the O2 seeing the Spandau Ballet boys on stage ... a fabulously nostalgic evening.
The end of March also saw another 60th birthday bash; this one a full Irish shindig for my friends partner John!.... held in a club that I used to work evenings behind the bar it was a real trip down memory lane, for so many more reasons than I am willing to share on my blog!....
My hair got its spring makeover with some burgundy foils, complimenting my blog theme for the month.
In-between the rain showers and even having a new car my sneakers have been used lots in March with trips to the station and gym.... all suitably styled with Longchamp, Kate Spade & Nike.
I am hoping to get out and about more in April, and surprisingly at the moment don't have many plans. I am sure that they will feature my Fiat  & Shaun the Sheep!... what was March like for you? ...

1 comment:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm making it my mission to track down all the Shauns!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com