Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Goodbye May, Hello June....

June arrived with a blast of winter and a lots of wind blowing May away with rain showers and gusts... nothing like the weather usually clement with the arrival of the 6th month of the year. With better weather forecast for the end of the week I am hoping that summer is just a little late waking from its hibernation!
May was quite a busy month, filled with bundles of flowers, fabulous food and bunches of fun and catching up with some friends..
  • Vintage Salt; Selfridges opened its summer rooftop dining experience and my friend R and I spent an indulgent lunch up there, with the chocolate burger being the highlight!
  • London was awash with flowers & fauna in May for Chelsea Flower show which I enjoyed in many locations including a beautiful afternoon at Chelsea Flower show.
  • Breakfast from above, I was lucky enough to breakfast at Aqua Shard on one of the nicest days in May and sat eating a glorious english breakfast watching the city come to life early morning - delightful.
  • Another delightful moment was a brief stop at Peggy Porschen's parlour on route to Chelsea Flower show where I stopped for a slice of raspberry & lemon layer cake, along with a latte and an opportunity to glance at Peggy's newly launched book (added to my baking books wish list!)
  • May saw me catch-up with Bestie over a quick pub lunch in the heart of "Towie" land, Fish finger sandwiches doorstop style, complete with a mini fryer of fries!. Lovely to spend an hour laughing and catching up.
Along with many flowers I also had bunches of fun in lots of ways...
  • Calendar corner was very pleasing on the eye. 
  • Taylor had his first outing at for Rugby and coordinated lovely with my Saracens shirt.
  • David Beckham launched his instagram on his 40th birthday with this lovely waking up snap... much fun :-)
  • Kit Kat launched its 'break' campaign and I had much fun picking appropriate 4 fingers for the team in the office!
  • Spooks - a much welcome trip to the cinema to see one of my favourite TV series morph onto the big screen ... sheer escapism for a couple of hours.
  • Mac launched its wash & dry collection in fabulous style!... my wash days at the launderette never look as good as this!
  • London hosted some fabulous celebrations for the 70th VE day with a parade and a glorious tea dance 50s style in St James Park, complete with a red arrows flypast... humbling and fun at the same time. 
  • Spent the evening in the company of Bradley Cooper watching the critically acclaimed The Elephant man, which was fabulous.... a semi naked Bradley is always pleasing on the eye!
  • May concluded with a fabulous Saturday at Twickenham watching Saracens win the Aviva premiership league cup against Bath...always pleasing in so many ways!
  • Pink & Mint were my signature colours for my blog style for the month and this cascaded into much colour & fun through the month. Loved breaking in my new sneakers and stepped up my walking with these beauties on my feet.
  • London turned pink for the night to celebrate the birth of a new princess in May with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge welcoming the birth of their baby daughter Charlotte.
  • Vintage Salt opened on the roof and these fabulous beach huts at the drift bar will reside there for the summer!
  • Taylor met a little mint lady friend whilst I was out for lunch.... how cute do they look alongside each other! 
  • My book post was full of flowers and styled lovely alongside my blog for the month; this post was my most read, tweeted and favourited posts. I received some lovely comments from the authors 
As you can see May was busy, and I look forward to continued fun in June... pop back at the end of the week when I will be sharing what June has in store and giving the blog a little makeover.

No comments:

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Goodbye May, Hello June....

June arrived with a blast of winter and a lots of wind blowing May away with rain showers and gusts... nothing like the weather usually clement with the arrival of the 6th month of the year. With better weather forecast for the end of the week I am hoping that summer is just a little late waking from its hibernation!
May was quite a busy month, filled with bundles of flowers, fabulous food and bunches of fun and catching up with some friends..
  • Vintage Salt; Selfridges opened its summer rooftop dining experience and my friend R and I spent an indulgent lunch up there, with the chocolate burger being the highlight!
  • London was awash with flowers & fauna in May for Chelsea Flower show which I enjoyed in many locations including a beautiful afternoon at Chelsea Flower show.
  • Breakfast from above, I was lucky enough to breakfast at Aqua Shard on one of the nicest days in May and sat eating a glorious english breakfast watching the city come to life early morning - delightful.
  • Another delightful moment was a brief stop at Peggy Porschen's parlour on route to Chelsea Flower show where I stopped for a slice of raspberry & lemon layer cake, along with a latte and an opportunity to glance at Peggy's newly launched book (added to my baking books wish list!)
  • May saw me catch-up with Bestie over a quick pub lunch in the heart of "Towie" land, Fish finger sandwiches doorstop style, complete with a mini fryer of fries!. Lovely to spend an hour laughing and catching up.
Along with many flowers I also had bunches of fun in lots of ways...
  • Calendar corner was very pleasing on the eye. 
  • Taylor had his first outing at for Rugby and coordinated lovely with my Saracens shirt.
  • David Beckham launched his instagram on his 40th birthday with this lovely waking up snap... much fun :-)
  • Kit Kat launched its 'break' campaign and I had much fun picking appropriate 4 fingers for the team in the office!
  • Spooks - a much welcome trip to the cinema to see one of my favourite TV series morph onto the big screen ... sheer escapism for a couple of hours.
  • Mac launched its wash & dry collection in fabulous style!... my wash days at the launderette never look as good as this!
  • London hosted some fabulous celebrations for the 70th VE day with a parade and a glorious tea dance 50s style in St James Park, complete with a red arrows flypast... humbling and fun at the same time. 
  • Spent the evening in the company of Bradley Cooper watching the critically acclaimed The Elephant man, which was fabulous.... a semi naked Bradley is always pleasing on the eye!
  • May concluded with a fabulous Saturday at Twickenham watching Saracens win the Aviva premiership league cup against Bath...always pleasing in so many ways!
  • Pink & Mint were my signature colours for my blog style for the month and this cascaded into much colour & fun through the month. Loved breaking in my new sneakers and stepped up my walking with these beauties on my feet.
  • London turned pink for the night to celebrate the birth of a new princess in May with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge welcoming the birth of their baby daughter Charlotte.
  • Vintage Salt opened on the roof and these fabulous beach huts at the drift bar will reside there for the summer!
  • Taylor met a little mint lady friend whilst I was out for lunch.... how cute do they look alongside each other! 
  • My book post was full of flowers and styled lovely alongside my blog for the month; this post was my most read, tweeted and favourited posts. I received some lovely comments from the authors 
As you can see May was busy, and I look forward to continued fun in June... pop back at the end of the week when I will be sharing what June has in store and giving the blog a little makeover.

No comments: