Saturday, 31 October 2015

RWC adventure 2015

Today sees the culmination of 44 days of rugby, when the 2 best teams of 2015 meet in the World Cup final for the first time. This afternoon New Zealand All Blacks take on the Australian's to lift the Web Ellis trophy.
I have had a fabulous world cup adventure, which has seen me meet some rugby icons and heroes.
I have been fortunate to go to a number a games and had a fabulous time.
 My world cup adventure kicked off at the beginning of September when I went to the premiere of Building Jerusalem in London where I met Jonny Wilkinson and some of the winning world cup 2003 squad, Martin Johnson, Matt Dawson & Sir Clive Woodward.
The film and evening was fantastic and kicked off the campaign and my rugby adventures perfectly.
My adventure continued a week later when I joined 20,000 others to wish the England squad well with their campaign at the O2.
The squad's send-off was hosted by Vernon Kay and entertainment provided by a number of artists along with Take That headlining the #WeartheRose event.
The evening was a lot of fun and really set the atmosphere and excitement for the cup kicking off.
I had been lucky enough to secure a number of the pool game tickets and looked forward to seeing some great games and a few of my rugby heroes & icons.
The fun continued the day before the opening ceremony whilst rushing through Waterloo station I saw the gorgeous Dan Carter - fly half for the All Blacks and one of my Rugby dream team!.  As the brand ambassador for MasterCard he was launching their priceless #44daysofrugby campaign.
An England ticket was never in my budget for the campaign so can you imagine how thrilled I was to be gifted a corporate ticket for the Opening ceremony.
I arrived at Twickers just in time to see my other rugby hero carry the Webb Ellis trophy into the stadium. Touching distance to both!!
Amazing night and a great show to start the campaign.
A weekend of rugby followed with me attending the France v Italy game at Twickenham.
A lively, noisy game full of passion.
My next game moved to east of the capital at the Queen Elizabeth Park so see the All Blacks take on Namibia. - Highlight seeing a Haka in real life.

Fantastic night, saw Namibia score a running try against the All Blacks lifted the stadium.
QE stadium is a great venue and look forward to visiting it again when West Ham take up residence next season.
Also saw a lot of Dan Carter, who was water boy and ball boy pre-game.
Instagram photo's proved a hit with many, along with the great man himself.
September continued with more pool games and much excitement, who would have thought that Japan would beat South Africa so successfully, and that the underdog nations would put on such a great show. When I was offered an England / Australia ticket I jumped at the chance to go, this was England's last chance to qualify and odds were split either way.
After a morning at my desk, I headed to Twickenham to watch Robshaw and the squad play the game of their lives.... alas it wasn't meant to be and the host nation bowed out of the Rugby World cup campaign.

My final game of the tournament was a Semi Final ticket - which saw the All Blacks meet the Springboks at Twickenham, New Zealand v
South Africa.... media bud as one of the closest games of the cup.
The atmosphere was electric, with a full capacity stadium, amazing from start to finish.
The weather was grim, but this did not stop any of the action on or off  the pitch. Kicking off with a roar inducing Haka and a pyrotechnic spectacle.
With the Bok taking the lead and holding it through the 1st half the All Blacks went to the half time behind; the first time in the tournament.
Richie McCaw led his men out early for the 2nd half and they soon turned the tables on the Bok. Highlight of the night seeing Dan Carter score a phenomenal drop kick goal.
With trys and conversions on the score board, the All Blacks soon pulled back the deficit and took the lead. The joy on the squads faces was evident when the final whistle blew.
Here my world cup adventures came to an end and I now look forward to watching the All Blacks take on the Aussies in what will be a fantastic final to a great tournament.

No comments:

Saturday, 31 October 2015

RWC adventure 2015

Today sees the culmination of 44 days of rugby, when the 2 best teams of 2015 meet in the World Cup final for the first time. This afternoon New Zealand All Blacks take on the Australian's to lift the Web Ellis trophy.
I have had a fabulous world cup adventure, which has seen me meet some rugby icons and heroes.
I have been fortunate to go to a number a games and had a fabulous time.
 My world cup adventure kicked off at the beginning of September when I went to the premiere of Building Jerusalem in London where I met Jonny Wilkinson and some of the winning world cup 2003 squad, Martin Johnson, Matt Dawson & Sir Clive Woodward.
The film and evening was fantastic and kicked off the campaign and my rugby adventures perfectly.
My adventure continued a week later when I joined 20,000 others to wish the England squad well with their campaign at the O2.
The squad's send-off was hosted by Vernon Kay and entertainment provided by a number of artists along with Take That headlining the #WeartheRose event.
The evening was a lot of fun and really set the atmosphere and excitement for the cup kicking off.
I had been lucky enough to secure a number of the pool game tickets and looked forward to seeing some great games and a few of my rugby heroes & icons.
The fun continued the day before the opening ceremony whilst rushing through Waterloo station I saw the gorgeous Dan Carter - fly half for the All Blacks and one of my Rugby dream team!.  As the brand ambassador for MasterCard he was launching their priceless #44daysofrugby campaign.
An England ticket was never in my budget for the campaign so can you imagine how thrilled I was to be gifted a corporate ticket for the Opening ceremony.
I arrived at Twickers just in time to see my other rugby hero carry the Webb Ellis trophy into the stadium. Touching distance to both!!
Amazing night and a great show to start the campaign.
A weekend of rugby followed with me attending the France v Italy game at Twickenham.
A lively, noisy game full of passion.
My next game moved to east of the capital at the Queen Elizabeth Park so see the All Blacks take on Namibia. - Highlight seeing a Haka in real life.

Fantastic night, saw Namibia score a running try against the All Blacks lifted the stadium.
QE stadium is a great venue and look forward to visiting it again when West Ham take up residence next season.
Also saw a lot of Dan Carter, who was water boy and ball boy pre-game.
Instagram photo's proved a hit with many, along with the great man himself.
September continued with more pool games and much excitement, who would have thought that Japan would beat South Africa so successfully, and that the underdog nations would put on such a great show. When I was offered an England / Australia ticket I jumped at the chance to go, this was England's last chance to qualify and odds were split either way.
After a morning at my desk, I headed to Twickenham to watch Robshaw and the squad play the game of their lives.... alas it wasn't meant to be and the host nation bowed out of the Rugby World cup campaign.

My final game of the tournament was a Semi Final ticket - which saw the All Blacks meet the Springboks at Twickenham, New Zealand v
South Africa.... media bud as one of the closest games of the cup.
The atmosphere was electric, with a full capacity stadium, amazing from start to finish.
The weather was grim, but this did not stop any of the action on or off  the pitch. Kicking off with a roar inducing Haka and a pyrotechnic spectacle.
With the Bok taking the lead and holding it through the 1st half the All Blacks went to the half time behind; the first time in the tournament.
Richie McCaw led his men out early for the 2nd half and they soon turned the tables on the Bok. Highlight of the night seeing Dan Carter score a phenomenal drop kick goal.
With trys and conversions on the score board, the All Blacks soon pulled back the deficit and took the lead. The joy on the squads faces was evident when the final whistle blew.
Here my world cup adventures came to an end and I now look forward to watching the All Blacks take on the Aussies in what will be a fantastic final to a great tournament.

No comments: