Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Capturing the Ordinary

Continuing with my Countdown to New York and my blogging every day in November challenge I am sharing some photography fun today. I've always been a 'visual' person and over the last couple of years my camera and I are never far from each other. I am a point and click person and with the advancement of iphone technology over the years, a good camera is always within my reach.
A big part of my travels is enjoying the day to day ordinary, however the day to day ordinary in New York can feel like the extra -ordinary. Whilst there last year I captured some images of the street life and whilst wandering I even stumbled on a model shoot by the Flatiron building. It was fascinating to stand and observe...
With a backdrop of the architecture of such a city I am sure any model shoot is a joy. The Flatiron is one of my favourite buildings located opposite Madison Square park.


Yellow taxis are also one of my other favourite things to capture on the streets of NY.
They encapsulate so much that is iconic with the city and they instantly bring a smile to face.
Even with the blur of the rain the taxi stands out in amongst the gloom and grey of a winter morning.

Last year I took over 1,500 photo's and much of January is spent sorting and collaging!... Here's some previous new york posts sharing some other images taken.
To assist with my technical and styling I have also enjoyed a couple of workshops with photographer Emily Quinton which has boosted my confidence considerably and have a good grasp of the basics. I also post a monthly blog post of Instagram favourites of images that I have liked that month... posts here.

No comments:

Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Capturing the Ordinary

Continuing with my Countdown to New York and my blogging every day in November challenge I am sharing some photography fun today. I've always been a 'visual' person and over the last couple of years my camera and I are never far from each other. I am a point and click person and with the advancement of iphone technology over the years, a good camera is always within my reach.
A big part of my travels is enjoying the day to day ordinary, however the day to day ordinary in New York can feel like the extra -ordinary. Whilst there last year I captured some images of the street life and whilst wandering I even stumbled on a model shoot by the Flatiron building. It was fascinating to stand and observe...
With a backdrop of the architecture of such a city I am sure any model shoot is a joy. The Flatiron is one of my favourite buildings located opposite Madison Square park.


Yellow taxis are also one of my other favourite things to capture on the streets of NY.
They encapsulate so much that is iconic with the city and they instantly bring a smile to face.
Even with the blur of the rain the taxi stands out in amongst the gloom and grey of a winter morning.

Last year I took over 1,500 photo's and much of January is spent sorting and collaging!... Here's some previous new york posts sharing some other images taken.
To assist with my technical and styling I have also enjoyed a couple of workshops with photographer Emily Quinton which has boosted my confidence considerably and have a good grasp of the basics. I also post a monthly blog post of Instagram favourites of images that I have liked that month... posts here.

No comments: