Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Christmas treat at Claridges

I know that it’s the middle of January but I am still working my way through my Christmas activities, I'm therefore giving myself until the 25th of January to share my Christmas fun and then I'm blocking out February to share my New York adventures. As blogged last week Breakfast treats were my new thing for 2015 and my Christmas breakfast was indulged at the beautiful Claridges.
Having spent my birthday breakfast there, and had such I lovely time, I booked a return for the festive season.
Every year Claridges invites a  designer to create their Christmas tree for the season which takes pride of place within their lobby ; this year it was Christopher Bailey from Burberry that got the honours. With his unique creativity a Christmas tree of gold and silver umbrellas was unveiled early December.
Visiting Claridges on the Monday of Christmas week was special and due to the early time of my booking I felt like I was watching a unique little corner of Mayfair wake up. The team were as accommodating and friendly as on previous visits and it was the perfect way to start the week.
Claridges breakfast menu is huge and offers so many options it's hard to choose, however I opted for the English; accompanied by juice, toast and coffee. All beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. (any breakfast menu that has burford browns on them is a winner in my world)
Aside from the Umbrella Christmas tree, Claridges decorations were distinctly traditional and starred The Nutcracker. The outside canopy and wreaths along the wrought iron fence line all had varying sized Nutcracker dolls along with huge christmas trees, gold branches and red and gold baubles. Little woodland nutcracker christmas scenes nestled in glass pears on furniture, alcoves and the fireplace, creating magic and theatre in the most unexpected way, it really was a delight to see.
Claridges has become a Christmas must for me and one year I have promised myself a stay on Christmas Eve, until that time I will look forward to visiting in December for breakfast, dinner or tea. 
Thank-you Claridges for making my visit so lovely and kicking off my Christmas week in such fabulous style.
Here are my previous trips to this lovely establishment in Mayfair. Look forward to visiting again in 2016.

2 comments:

Gem said...

I think I need to make a list of all the places around London to try for afternoon tea (I don't think I could make it early enough for breakfast, unless I were to stay overnight) Your posts always make me feel rather envious of those delicious treats :) x x x

Pennyblossoms said...

I'm like Gem...I'd never make it for brekkie, and if I did I'd never do a good breakfast justice. But, oh, my, what a wonderous place to eat!
If you stay Christmas Eve can you stay on for the big Day too?
I didn't even realise the tree was brollies until I read what you had written! That's very clever and looked amazing.
Zxx

Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Christmas treat at Claridges

I know that it’s the middle of January but I am still working my way through my Christmas activities, I'm therefore giving myself until the 25th of January to share my Christmas fun and then I'm blocking out February to share my New York adventures. As blogged last week Breakfast treats were my new thing for 2015 and my Christmas breakfast was indulged at the beautiful Claridges.
Having spent my birthday breakfast there, and had such I lovely time, I booked a return for the festive season.
Every year Claridges invites a  designer to create their Christmas tree for the season which takes pride of place within their lobby ; this year it was Christopher Bailey from Burberry that got the honours. With his unique creativity a Christmas tree of gold and silver umbrellas was unveiled early December.
Visiting Claridges on the Monday of Christmas week was special and due to the early time of my booking I felt like I was watching a unique little corner of Mayfair wake up. The team were as accommodating and friendly as on previous visits and it was the perfect way to start the week.
Claridges breakfast menu is huge and offers so many options it's hard to choose, however I opted for the English; accompanied by juice, toast and coffee. All beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. (any breakfast menu that has burford browns on them is a winner in my world)
Aside from the Umbrella Christmas tree, Claridges decorations were distinctly traditional and starred The Nutcracker. The outside canopy and wreaths along the wrought iron fence line all had varying sized Nutcracker dolls along with huge christmas trees, gold branches and red and gold baubles. Little woodland nutcracker christmas scenes nestled in glass pears on furniture, alcoves and the fireplace, creating magic and theatre in the most unexpected way, it really was a delight to see.
Claridges has become a Christmas must for me and one year I have promised myself a stay on Christmas Eve, until that time I will look forward to visiting in December for breakfast, dinner or tea. 
Thank-you Claridges for making my visit so lovely and kicking off my Christmas week in such fabulous style.
Here are my previous trips to this lovely establishment in Mayfair. Look forward to visiting again in 2016.

2 comments:

Gem said...

I think I need to make a list of all the places around London to try for afternoon tea (I don't think I could make it early enough for breakfast, unless I were to stay overnight) Your posts always make me feel rather envious of those delicious treats :) x x x

Pennyblossoms said...

I'm like Gem...I'd never make it for brekkie, and if I did I'd never do a good breakfast justice. But, oh, my, what a wonderous place to eat!
If you stay Christmas Eve can you stay on for the big Day too?
I didn't even realise the tree was brollies until I read what you had written! That's very clever and looked amazing.
Zxx