Sunday, 31 January 2016

Goodbye January...

wow where did January go?... one month of 2016 finished already. January was a month of storms, sunshine and a dusting of snow, fortunately in my little corner of the country I was relatively free of the extremes of these that some of the country faced.
Those familiar with my blog and my life will know that January gets written off in my house; due to a really heavy work schedule, culminating in financial year end. I have one more heavy week to go and look forward to my first full weekend off next weekend since before Christmas.
Although busy at work, I still managed to spend some special moments with friends and some time to myself.
1. Spent a Saturday afternoon at Harvey Nicks having tea.
2. Had lots of fun with my new kate spade planner.
3. Raised a glass of bubbly and said goodbye to a great colleague at work who is off to new adventures.
4. Fitz & Darcy spent many hours cuddled together in front of the fire and loving their cushion that they got for christmas.
5. Brunch at Forest on the roof of Selfridges (blog post to come)
6. Savoured a glimmer of blue sky and sunshine on Mr Selfridge as I arrived at work.
7. My desk!.... something that I've seen a lot of !!!
8. Friday lunchtime catch-up with 'bestie' in a good old Essexpub... with mini pails of fish & chips.
1 & 2. January planning and cuddles with the Kits were regular features.
3. Healthy breakfast in a jar at my desk.
4. A welcome reading break with a coffee and a great rugby book with the delicious Dan Carter.
5. Cosy nights in with a fire, blankets & throws. perfect for a cold night.
7. Hat & cashmere gloves staple feature for January's adventures with Taylor.
8. Chilly mornings in Taylor with temperatures dropping below freezing.
9. A little splash of pink to brighten the gloom of January.

January also saw us say goodbye to 3 of Britain's most loved; David Bowie, Alan Rickman & the great Sir Terry Wogan. Each have touched my life in their own way and I'm sad that cancer has taken all 3 of them too early in their lives. - David Bowie influenced so many and although I was a little too young to appreciate his heady years of the 70's, without him I wouldn't have had my 2 favourite 80's bands Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet. From art, to fashion to music his influenced so many over the past 50 years and was a genius of his craft.
Alan Rickman - a guilty pleasure and an actor that never failed to disappoint, Guilty crush developed as the dastardly Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood,  swept me away as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensibility, Despaired in Love Actually and put me under a spell as Severus Snape in Harry Potter. Another genius of his craft.
Still love this scene from Love Actually filmed in Selfridges with the very funny Rowan Atkinson.
and finally Sir Terry Wogan - I woke up with Wogan as a child as my mum loved his breakfast show and radio 2, something I despaired as, as a teenager. Very sad to wake up on Sunday and hear that he had passed away. I've spent many Sunday at my desk over the last few years avidly listening to is sunday brunch show, with fond memories. Along with his radio show, he was a consummate professional TV presenter, bringing fun, laughter and joy to many lives, none more so than introducing Pudsey to us 35 years ago for Children in Need and assisting in raising over 600 million £. What an amazing legacy to leave behind.
So as I say a fond farewell to January, I hope that February is kinder, less stressful and brighter.

1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

Do they really wrap things up like that??? Really???
Zxx

Sunday, 31 January 2016

Goodbye January...

wow where did January go?... one month of 2016 finished already. January was a month of storms, sunshine and a dusting of snow, fortunately in my little corner of the country I was relatively free of the extremes of these that some of the country faced.
Those familiar with my blog and my life will know that January gets written off in my house; due to a really heavy work schedule, culminating in financial year end. I have one more heavy week to go and look forward to my first full weekend off next weekend since before Christmas.
Although busy at work, I still managed to spend some special moments with friends and some time to myself.
1. Spent a Saturday afternoon at Harvey Nicks having tea.
2. Had lots of fun with my new kate spade planner.
3. Raised a glass of bubbly and said goodbye to a great colleague at work who is off to new adventures.
4. Fitz & Darcy spent many hours cuddled together in front of the fire and loving their cushion that they got for christmas.
5. Brunch at Forest on the roof of Selfridges (blog post to come)
6. Savoured a glimmer of blue sky and sunshine on Mr Selfridge as I arrived at work.
7. My desk!.... something that I've seen a lot of !!!
8. Friday lunchtime catch-up with 'bestie' in a good old Essexpub... with mini pails of fish & chips.
1 & 2. January planning and cuddles with the Kits were regular features.
3. Healthy breakfast in a jar at my desk.
4. A welcome reading break with a coffee and a great rugby book with the delicious Dan Carter.
5. Cosy nights in with a fire, blankets & throws. perfect for a cold night.
7. Hat & cashmere gloves staple feature for January's adventures with Taylor.
8. Chilly mornings in Taylor with temperatures dropping below freezing.
9. A little splash of pink to brighten the gloom of January.

January also saw us say goodbye to 3 of Britain's most loved; David Bowie, Alan Rickman & the great Sir Terry Wogan. Each have touched my life in their own way and I'm sad that cancer has taken all 3 of them too early in their lives. - David Bowie influenced so many and although I was a little too young to appreciate his heady years of the 70's, without him I wouldn't have had my 2 favourite 80's bands Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet. From art, to fashion to music his influenced so many over the past 50 years and was a genius of his craft.
Alan Rickman - a guilty pleasure and an actor that never failed to disappoint, Guilty crush developed as the dastardly Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood,  swept me away as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensibility, Despaired in Love Actually and put me under a spell as Severus Snape in Harry Potter. Another genius of his craft.
Still love this scene from Love Actually filmed in Selfridges with the very funny Rowan Atkinson.
and finally Sir Terry Wogan - I woke up with Wogan as a child as my mum loved his breakfast show and radio 2, something I despaired as, as a teenager. Very sad to wake up on Sunday and hear that he had passed away. I've spent many Sunday at my desk over the last few years avidly listening to is sunday brunch show, with fond memories. Along with his radio show, he was a consummate professional TV presenter, bringing fun, laughter and joy to many lives, none more so than introducing Pudsey to us 35 years ago for Children in Need and assisting in raising over 600 million £. What an amazing legacy to leave behind.
So as I say a fond farewell to January, I hope that February is kinder, less stressful and brighter.

1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

Do they really wrap things up like that??? Really???
Zxx