Saturday, 19 March 2016

Hello Adele.....

Sometimes the most unexpected of things happen which result in one of the best things of 2016 so far!... I was very lucky to be given a ticket to see Adele in concert at one of her 8 sold out nights at the O2.
Having been a fan since the release of her debut  '19' album, which cemented further with the release of  '21' album. I was thrilled when she broke her hibernation from motherhood to record the fantastic theme tune to Skyfall and then subsequently come back with a huge HELLO with '25' at the end of last year.... What I love most about Adele is her ability so stay close to her roots, demonstrated with her slurping a mug of tea during her live set Friday.
Adele's set list was fantastic and she kept it moving with some great set and stage theatrics which lended itself beautifully with her songs.
There was only one song that Adele could open with and that was of course Hello...
From the opening bar, Adele held that audience in the plam of her hand for the entire 2 hour set.... she interacted with the crowd in her interminable style, fabulously leaking that she will headline Glastonbury this year. Talking of style she rocked a custom bad Burberry sparkly dress and killer red nails gloriously. Had complete hair and make-up envy as well! (yes the girl crush continues!)
Its hard to share my favourites as I had so many and You tube is full of great vidoes from the evening... here is my Bond favourite.. Skyfall
and one of my favourites from 25... All i ask
Adele was simply fabulous.... i had an amazing time, she took you on an emotional journey filled with love, laughter, heartbreak and fabulous memories. Definitely one of the best live performances that I have seen. Adele's back catalogue reads like a playlist to my life and this is one of the reasons why I think she resonates with so many.... breathtaking.... thank-you Adele.

No comments:

Saturday, 19 March 2016

Hello Adele.....

Sometimes the most unexpected of things happen which result in one of the best things of 2016 so far!... I was very lucky to be given a ticket to see Adele in concert at one of her 8 sold out nights at the O2.
Having been a fan since the release of her debut  '19' album, which cemented further with the release of  '21' album. I was thrilled when she broke her hibernation from motherhood to record the fantastic theme tune to Skyfall and then subsequently come back with a huge HELLO with '25' at the end of last year.... What I love most about Adele is her ability so stay close to her roots, demonstrated with her slurping a mug of tea during her live set Friday.
Adele's set list was fantastic and she kept it moving with some great set and stage theatrics which lended itself beautifully with her songs.
There was only one song that Adele could open with and that was of course Hello...
From the opening bar, Adele held that audience in the plam of her hand for the entire 2 hour set.... she interacted with the crowd in her interminable style, fabulously leaking that she will headline Glastonbury this year. Talking of style she rocked a custom bad Burberry sparkly dress and killer red nails gloriously. Had complete hair and make-up envy as well! (yes the girl crush continues!)
Its hard to share my favourites as I had so many and You tube is full of great vidoes from the evening... here is my Bond favourite.. Skyfall
and one of my favourites from 25... All i ask
Adele was simply fabulous.... i had an amazing time, she took you on an emotional journey filled with love, laughter, heartbreak and fabulous memories. Definitely one of the best live performances that I have seen. Adele's back catalogue reads like a playlist to my life and this is one of the reasons why I think she resonates with so many.... breathtaking.... thank-you Adele.

No comments: