Friday, 1 July 2016

Farewell June .....

Oh wow, how is it the end of June? Halfway through 2016, I'm not sure where this year is going.
June was a month filled with catching up with old friends along with a big road trip, and then some simple things like London walks, cinema, reading and a little shopping!
June also saw the cats take their first trip to the cattery, they survived the adventure, and didn't seem too worse for it on their return home. They have been incredibly loving and haven’t left my side when I am home since they returned!.
I had high hopes of work easing up a little in June as we take a break from stocktaking for sale, however a huge technical issue meant that there were lots of late nights, conference calls and a little stress on the lead into sale! Sale was fun and I stockpiled some presents for christmas along with a few treats for myself; including 4 pairs of shoes and a mulberry bag!!! (this was my last sale so I made the most of it!) 
June saw me take a trip to a very cute cinema in Baker street to see the beautiful 'Me before You'. Here is what I thought of it! I loved the little cinema and will definitely visit again. I started the month with great slimming world ambitions and due to some seasonal like weather I managed to increase my walking activity to and from work. 
Unfortunately this was hampered slightly when the weather took a wintery turn and suddenly 8k walks were much more favourable via the tube!
I did however manage to snap some lovely images of day to day life in and around London, and have a couple of blog posts to share from some gorgeous mews meanderings. Roses bloomed everywhere and I loved capturing them throughout the month. (I wish I could capture the essence as easily as they smell beautiful and completely transport me back to my granddads back garden)
I spent a lovely morning at The Connaught Hotel having breakfast which was lovely. Tucked away in a quiet corner of Mayfair this hotel was a pleasure to visit, the old school glamorous bathrooms were just gorgeous and I wanted to teleport them home. (detailed post here). Another breakfast was had at the Rosewood in Holborn to celebrate the launch of my friend Joe's new adventure. Joe has launched his own style website and with his best friend on hand to lend some morale support and incredibly delicious eye candy for breakfast I was a little flustered!!!... yes the gorgeous David G over breakfast was a little distracting for me!.
We celebrated Fathers Day in June, which gave me an opportunity to spend some time with my mum at the cemetery and over brunch at the local café. We were really lucky with the weather and managed to dodge the rain showers and it was nice to catchup over a coffee.
The last weekend of June I spent in Scotland. I escaped the floods of Essex and London and headed up north through the beautiful lake district into Scotland and across Ayrshire to the west coast. Taylor and I survived the road trip and I spent 3 lovely days with very special friends, celebrating the wedding of a very special lady, who made the most beautiful bride.
As you can see I have had what I thought was going to be a relatively quiet month turn into quite a busy one!.... July is looking fairly quiet at the moment, it will of course be my last month at the big yellow store, which has arrived frighteningly quick. I hope to catch-up with a very long list of blog posts, plan a whole new adventure for august and finish with lots of fun and celebrate being another year older!... here's to July, thanks June for the fun, friendship and abundance of flowers

No comments:

Friday, 1 July 2016

Farewell June .....

Oh wow, how is it the end of June? Halfway through 2016, I'm not sure where this year is going.
June was a month filled with catching up with old friends along with a big road trip, and then some simple things like London walks, cinema, reading and a little shopping!
June also saw the cats take their first trip to the cattery, they survived the adventure, and didn't seem too worse for it on their return home. They have been incredibly loving and haven’t left my side when I am home since they returned!.
I had high hopes of work easing up a little in June as we take a break from stocktaking for sale, however a huge technical issue meant that there were lots of late nights, conference calls and a little stress on the lead into sale! Sale was fun and I stockpiled some presents for christmas along with a few treats for myself; including 4 pairs of shoes and a mulberry bag!!! (this was my last sale so I made the most of it!) 
June saw me take a trip to a very cute cinema in Baker street to see the beautiful 'Me before You'. Here is what I thought of it! I loved the little cinema and will definitely visit again. I started the month with great slimming world ambitions and due to some seasonal like weather I managed to increase my walking activity to and from work. 
Unfortunately this was hampered slightly when the weather took a wintery turn and suddenly 8k walks were much more favourable via the tube!
I did however manage to snap some lovely images of day to day life in and around London, and have a couple of blog posts to share from some gorgeous mews meanderings. Roses bloomed everywhere and I loved capturing them throughout the month. (I wish I could capture the essence as easily as they smell beautiful and completely transport me back to my granddads back garden)
I spent a lovely morning at The Connaught Hotel having breakfast which was lovely. Tucked away in a quiet corner of Mayfair this hotel was a pleasure to visit, the old school glamorous bathrooms were just gorgeous and I wanted to teleport them home. (detailed post here). Another breakfast was had at the Rosewood in Holborn to celebrate the launch of my friend Joe's new adventure. Joe has launched his own style website and with his best friend on hand to lend some morale support and incredibly delicious eye candy for breakfast I was a little flustered!!!... yes the gorgeous David G over breakfast was a little distracting for me!.
We celebrated Fathers Day in June, which gave me an opportunity to spend some time with my mum at the cemetery and over brunch at the local café. We were really lucky with the weather and managed to dodge the rain showers and it was nice to catchup over a coffee.
The last weekend of June I spent in Scotland. I escaped the floods of Essex and London and headed up north through the beautiful lake district into Scotland and across Ayrshire to the west coast. Taylor and I survived the road trip and I spent 3 lovely days with very special friends, celebrating the wedding of a very special lady, who made the most beautiful bride.
As you can see I have had what I thought was going to be a relatively quiet month turn into quite a busy one!.... July is looking fairly quiet at the moment, it will of course be my last month at the big yellow store, which has arrived frighteningly quick. I hope to catch-up with a very long list of blog posts, plan a whole new adventure for august and finish with lots of fun and celebrate being another year older!... here's to July, thanks June for the fun, friendship and abundance of flowers

No comments: