Thursday, 14 July 2016

TCakes SW adventure ...

12 months ago I started on a journey to a better me, my plan was to include lifestyle, health and general well-being. I was at a point where I was genuinely unhappy about lots of my life, but feeling constantly tired, listless and low was something I wanted to change.
My first goal on my plan was diet, I didn’t tell anyone that I was doing it as there is nothing worse than telling people that you are on a diet and then them pointing out all the calories, fats, and things that you eat that are wrong. I managed to loose 14lb (1 stone) on my own before I realised that I probably couldn’t do this solo and would need some motivation and support to assist. I had tried many 'diets' before and failed after the first couple of months due to the restrictiveness of them. I had until then followed a couple of people on instagram that had been following slimming world and had lost lots of weight, they instagrammed their daily meals and I was amazed by the volume & variety of food that they could eat.  SW looked like a food lifestyle plan that I could follow and not feel like I was on a 'diet'.
I joined SW last August and have over the last 11 months slowly lost lb.'s and inches, and this week I crossed the 3 stone goal, which means that in 12 months I have now lost 4 stone. I am thrilled with my progress. I have had slow weeks and a couple of low weeks, small gains but overall a steady loss which has culminated in 3 stone gone.
Things that I have loved about SW over the last year:
  •          I have fallen back in love with cooking – ready meals are a thing of the past.
  •          My weekly shop is more planned and I no longer run into M&S on the way home because the fridge is empty
  •          Its flexible, I have still gone for my weekly Indian with the golden girls on a Saturday.
  •          Virtually and Socially I have met some lovely people who are also on this lifestyle change.
  •          I have a sense of pride and worth that I lost.
  •          The shy social butterfly is becoming more confident.
  •          Become more active!
  •          I've eaten more food daily that what I ate before!
So what does SW look like for me! –

Breakfast
·         Breakfast is usually at my desk – weekdays are usually Weetabix / oats, fruit & yoghurt. Weekends are cooked breakfast / poached eggs. – as you can see I have lots of fun with my breakfast styling!





Lunch

      Lunch is as creative and colourful, often using leftovers from the previous night dinner or opting for salad / jacket potato.











Dinner
·         Dinner is predominately chicken, fish, or a recipe from the slimming world books, favourites include; curry, lasagne, chilli, and pulled pork. I try to cook a roast on a Sunday, using fry light instead of oil (still makes great roasties)
Eating out
I try to save my syns for treats and eating out as you have less control over the hidden dangers of fats / sugars but as you can see I still have a varied menu and genuinely enjoying this food lifestyle change. Whether I am out eating breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.

Each month I set myself mini goals which keeps me focused, which make the monumental lb.'s that I want to lose more achievable. Along with loosing lb.'s I have lost inches and have dropped 3 trouser / top sizes, and I'm the smallest clothes size & weight that I have been in 12 years. I feel better, people have noticed the weight loss, although it is something I am only beginning to see for myself in recent weeks.  think it's going to take a long time before I look in the mirror and not see the fat girl but I am loving the wider variety of clothes shopping. I now feel better, more active and have more energy. The only thing that hasn’t got any better is my terrible insomnia, I'm hoping this improves with a job change in the coming weeks. -
So what's next – ideally I would like to lose another 2 stone and drop another dress / trouser size but would be happy with a stone and a half. My next goals will include a wider fitness programme. Pop back later this week when I share my Walking myself happy roadmap. If you would like to follow my SW adventure on instagram you can fine me here.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Well done, you! You looked so good when I saw you at the beginning of June :) x

Iola Moore said...

Congratulations Teresa, you must be so pleased with your weight loss. You look amazing. Wish I had your motivation. Keep you the good work :)

Leanne - Broke in the big Smoke said...

Wow 4 stone is an incredible achievement, well done xx

Thursday, 14 July 2016

TCakes SW adventure ...

12 months ago I started on a journey to a better me, my plan was to include lifestyle, health and general well-being. I was at a point where I was genuinely unhappy about lots of my life, but feeling constantly tired, listless and low was something I wanted to change.
My first goal on my plan was diet, I didn’t tell anyone that I was doing it as there is nothing worse than telling people that you are on a diet and then them pointing out all the calories, fats, and things that you eat that are wrong. I managed to loose 14lb (1 stone) on my own before I realised that I probably couldn’t do this solo and would need some motivation and support to assist. I had tried many 'diets' before and failed after the first couple of months due to the restrictiveness of them. I had until then followed a couple of people on instagram that had been following slimming world and had lost lots of weight, they instagrammed their daily meals and I was amazed by the volume & variety of food that they could eat.  SW looked like a food lifestyle plan that I could follow and not feel like I was on a 'diet'.
I joined SW last August and have over the last 11 months slowly lost lb.'s and inches, and this week I crossed the 3 stone goal, which means that in 12 months I have now lost 4 stone. I am thrilled with my progress. I have had slow weeks and a couple of low weeks, small gains but overall a steady loss which has culminated in 3 stone gone.
Things that I have loved about SW over the last year:
  •          I have fallen back in love with cooking – ready meals are a thing of the past.
  •          My weekly shop is more planned and I no longer run into M&S on the way home because the fridge is empty
  •          Its flexible, I have still gone for my weekly Indian with the golden girls on a Saturday.
  •          Virtually and Socially I have met some lovely people who are also on this lifestyle change.
  •          I have a sense of pride and worth that I lost.
  •          The shy social butterfly is becoming more confident.
  •          Become more active!
  •          I've eaten more food daily that what I ate before!
So what does SW look like for me! –

Breakfast
·         Breakfast is usually at my desk – weekdays are usually Weetabix / oats, fruit & yoghurt. Weekends are cooked breakfast / poached eggs. – as you can see I have lots of fun with my breakfast styling!





Lunch

      Lunch is as creative and colourful, often using leftovers from the previous night dinner or opting for salad / jacket potato.











Dinner
·         Dinner is predominately chicken, fish, or a recipe from the slimming world books, favourites include; curry, lasagne, chilli, and pulled pork. I try to cook a roast on a Sunday, using fry light instead of oil (still makes great roasties)
Eating out
I try to save my syns for treats and eating out as you have less control over the hidden dangers of fats / sugars but as you can see I still have a varied menu and genuinely enjoying this food lifestyle change. Whether I am out eating breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.

Each month I set myself mini goals which keeps me focused, which make the monumental lb.'s that I want to lose more achievable. Along with loosing lb.'s I have lost inches and have dropped 3 trouser / top sizes, and I'm the smallest clothes size & weight that I have been in 12 years. I feel better, people have noticed the weight loss, although it is something I am only beginning to see for myself in recent weeks.  think it's going to take a long time before I look in the mirror and not see the fat girl but I am loving the wider variety of clothes shopping. I now feel better, more active and have more energy. The only thing that hasn’t got any better is my terrible insomnia, I'm hoping this improves with a job change in the coming weeks. -
So what's next – ideally I would like to lose another 2 stone and drop another dress / trouser size but would be happy with a stone and a half. My next goals will include a wider fitness programme. Pop back later this week when I share my Walking myself happy roadmap. If you would like to follow my SW adventure on instagram you can fine me here.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Well done, you! You looked so good when I saw you at the beginning of June :) x

Iola Moore said...

Congratulations Teresa, you must be so pleased with your weight loss. You look amazing. Wish I had your motivation. Keep you the good work :)

Leanne - Broke in the big Smoke said...

Wow 4 stone is an incredible achievement, well done xx