Sunday, 17 July 2016

Walking myself happy

Earlier this week I shared my lifestyle changes with my slimming world adventures. Thank you to all that commented on instagram and on here and also text with such lovely messages of encouragement, it really does make a difference. Having shared my eating changes, over the last couple of months I have stepped up the healthier lifestyle with a little easy exercise!.
Exercise doesn’t come naturally to me and I could easily have been a sloth in previous life, however I knew that I needed to do something. With a twin that runs daily and can run a marathon sub 4hrs, genetically I knew that something was possible, although I am unable to run a bath so pulling on my trainers for a jog around the park wasn’t on my agenda! However I have pulled on my trainers and have completely fallen in love with the big long walk.
I started with walking to the station from home 3 mornings a week (weather permitting! I am a fair weather walker when commuting) It’s a 2k (1.4miles )walk which on a nice day through the park is a pleasant way to start the morning and less stress than trying to find a parking space at the station and ticking off a 3 mile walk (to & from station to home.
This built up gradually until I decided to take on a bigger challenge Bond Street (Selfridges) to Liverpool Street. I have now mapped 7 routes which range from 7k to 10k (4.6 – 6.3miles) which I am walking at least twice a week and can honestly say I love it. The feeling at the end is fantastic, I'm less stressed and have a real sense of achievement.

To begin with I stuck close to the route of the central line in case I needed to jump on the tube, but now verge off to explore hidden streets and green spaces. Along the route I capture images of my walk alongside me 'map my walk' route. It’s a lovely reminder, fun and keeps me focused. So far I've explored the city on a Sunday, ambled the banks of the river – embankment & south bank, royal parks and knooks and lanes of Bloomsbury & Holborn.
I am loving my walks and have now started to look at setting myself some bigger goals, I've even downloaded the couch to 5K running app, so maybe running a bath may just be in my sights! ......
thanks again for the lovely comments, pop back next month and I will update you on my progress.

No comments:

Sunday, 17 July 2016

Walking myself happy

Earlier this week I shared my lifestyle changes with my slimming world adventures. Thank you to all that commented on instagram and on here and also text with such lovely messages of encouragement, it really does make a difference. Having shared my eating changes, over the last couple of months I have stepped up the healthier lifestyle with a little easy exercise!.
Exercise doesn’t come naturally to me and I could easily have been a sloth in previous life, however I knew that I needed to do something. With a twin that runs daily and can run a marathon sub 4hrs, genetically I knew that something was possible, although I am unable to run a bath so pulling on my trainers for a jog around the park wasn’t on my agenda! However I have pulled on my trainers and have completely fallen in love with the big long walk.
I started with walking to the station from home 3 mornings a week (weather permitting! I am a fair weather walker when commuting) It’s a 2k (1.4miles )walk which on a nice day through the park is a pleasant way to start the morning and less stress than trying to find a parking space at the station and ticking off a 3 mile walk (to & from station to home.
This built up gradually until I decided to take on a bigger challenge Bond Street (Selfridges) to Liverpool Street. I have now mapped 7 routes which range from 7k to 10k (4.6 – 6.3miles) which I am walking at least twice a week and can honestly say I love it. The feeling at the end is fantastic, I'm less stressed and have a real sense of achievement.

To begin with I stuck close to the route of the central line in case I needed to jump on the tube, but now verge off to explore hidden streets and green spaces. Along the route I capture images of my walk alongside me 'map my walk' route. It’s a lovely reminder, fun and keeps me focused. So far I've explored the city on a Sunday, ambled the banks of the river – embankment & south bank, royal parks and knooks and lanes of Bloomsbury & Holborn.
I am loving my walks and have now started to look at setting myself some bigger goals, I've even downloaded the couch to 5K running app, so maybe running a bath may just be in my sights! ......
thanks again for the lovely comments, pop back next month and I will update you on my progress.

No comments: