Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Farewell Mr Selfridge - my final week

Ten days ago I said my goodbyes to Mr Selfridge and my Selfridges work family from the last 10 years. I had an amazing adventure at Selfridges and look back on the 10 years there with fondness. It wasn't easy and at times was incredibly stressful with long hours and challenging situations, however it really is an incredible, amazing place to work which has set me up to go onto pastures new.
My last week was incredibly emotional, but also lots of fun, I was dined by several of the directors and colleagues in all the lovely restaurants across the store along with being taken to The Wolsley for breakfast and then an after works drinks on my last night.
It was a great evening and lovey to catch-up with many friends and colleagues past and present. Prosecco and pint flowing in abundance !.
My last day was incredibly emotional and we kicked off with our team breakfast "Fry-up Friday" which was then followed by a drop-in lunch with speeches and lots of gift giving.
I was completely rendered speechless and humbled with the generosity and love shown with gifts I received from my Selfridges family and friends. Completely overwhelmed and I cant thank them all enough. There will always be a small part of my heart that is yellow and what an amazing adventure it has been.

1 comment:

Iola Moore said...

What a lovely send off and so many lovely presents. Shows how appreciated you were there. Hope the new job is going well? Yola x

Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Farewell Mr Selfridge - my final week

Ten days ago I said my goodbyes to Mr Selfridge and my Selfridges work family from the last 10 years. I had an amazing adventure at Selfridges and look back on the 10 years there with fondness. It wasn't easy and at times was incredibly stressful with long hours and challenging situations, however it really is an incredible, amazing place to work which has set me up to go onto pastures new.
My last week was incredibly emotional, but also lots of fun, I was dined by several of the directors and colleagues in all the lovely restaurants across the store along with being taken to The Wolsley for breakfast and then an after works drinks on my last night.
It was a great evening and lovey to catch-up with many friends and colleagues past and present. Prosecco and pint flowing in abundance !.
My last day was incredibly emotional and we kicked off with our team breakfast "Fry-up Friday" which was then followed by a drop-in lunch with speeches and lots of gift giving.
I was completely rendered speechless and humbled with the generosity and love shown with gifts I received from my Selfridges family and friends. Completely overwhelmed and I cant thank them all enough. There will always be a small part of my heart that is yellow and what an amazing adventure it has been.

1 comment:

Iola Moore said...

What a lovely send off and so many lovely presents. Shows how appreciated you were there. Hope the new job is going well? Yola x