Tuesday, 17 January 2017

London Lights in December ....

Mid way through January and I'm only just beginning to get organised enough to start blogging about December. Life has been busy, some of which I aim to share with you over the coming weeks, however today I'm going to give you a glimpse of what December was like for me.
It was my first Fenwick Christmas which really kicked off with Black Friday weekend and then just got busier as the big day approached, late nights and the hustle and bustle of London commute made for some long days. There was still time for some fun, with Christmas lunches, Secret Santa, singing with the Salvation Army and lots of laughter in the corner shop on Bond Street.

Aside from work I did get out and about and enjoyed lots of the sights and lights that London has to offer during the festive season. When the weather was good I managed to walk from Liverpool Street to Bond Street and loved the trees that sprung up throughout the city.

One of my favourites this year was definitely the huge tree inside the courtyard at The Rosewood London which was stunningly elegant in gold and green.
On the day I passed by the car-park was full of Aston Martins 💛which were gorgeous.... this hotel is definitely on my bucket-list.
Another hotel which is renowned for its Christmas Tree is Claridges, and as its a stones throw from the corner shop, I frequented it often during the festive season. This years tree was designed by the team from Apple and although not the prettiest of trees it was without a doubt the most atmospheric, making you feel like you were entering a magical winter forest. Not the easiest to photograph but stunningly beautiful in its own way.
This year it felt that everyone embraced Christmas and everywhere that I walked you were met with stunning window displays, beautiful lights and huge trees. A few of my favourites included the feathers and chandeliers of Bond Street. The ribbon wrapped facade of Cartier and the blue boxed trees at Tiffany. Regent street had flying angels which swept through the street. Covent Garden;s huge tree and mistletoe disco ball's dazzled the apple market. Even Charing cross glowed with blue baubles and stars which led to the stunning square and ice rink of Somerset House which again sponsored by Fortnums was a feast for all the senses.This was one of my favourite walks this Christmas, and even in the drizzle some days it was still delightful.
I loved exploring the lights and sights of London during the festive season, and will share more of my sights and treats later in the week.


No comments:

Tuesday, 17 January 2017

London Lights in December ....

Mid way through January and I'm only just beginning to get organised enough to start blogging about December. Life has been busy, some of which I aim to share with you over the coming weeks, however today I'm going to give you a glimpse of what December was like for me.
It was my first Fenwick Christmas which really kicked off with Black Friday weekend and then just got busier as the big day approached, late nights and the hustle and bustle of London commute made for some long days. There was still time for some fun, with Christmas lunches, Secret Santa, singing with the Salvation Army and lots of laughter in the corner shop on Bond Street.

Aside from work I did get out and about and enjoyed lots of the sights and lights that London has to offer during the festive season. When the weather was good I managed to walk from Liverpool Street to Bond Street and loved the trees that sprung up throughout the city.

One of my favourites this year was definitely the huge tree inside the courtyard at The Rosewood London which was stunningly elegant in gold and green.
On the day I passed by the car-park was full of Aston Martins 💛which were gorgeous.... this hotel is definitely on my bucket-list.
Another hotel which is renowned for its Christmas Tree is Claridges, and as its a stones throw from the corner shop, I frequented it often during the festive season. This years tree was designed by the team from Apple and although not the prettiest of trees it was without a doubt the most atmospheric, making you feel like you were entering a magical winter forest. Not the easiest to photograph but stunningly beautiful in its own way.
This year it felt that everyone embraced Christmas and everywhere that I walked you were met with stunning window displays, beautiful lights and huge trees. A few of my favourites included the feathers and chandeliers of Bond Street. The ribbon wrapped facade of Cartier and the blue boxed trees at Tiffany. Regent street had flying angels which swept through the street. Covent Garden;s huge tree and mistletoe disco ball's dazzled the apple market. Even Charing cross glowed with blue baubles and stars which led to the stunning square and ice rink of Somerset House which again sponsored by Fortnums was a feast for all the senses.This was one of my favourite walks this Christmas, and even in the drizzle some days it was still delightful.
I loved exploring the lights and sights of London during the festive season, and will share more of my sights and treats later in the week.


No comments: