Sunday, 20 May 2012

A day in the City....

Just recently I have upgraded my camera and Friday was my first chance to try it out on an indulgent day off in London....
I had two places to be during the day, an afternoon at the Design Museum for the 20 year celebration of Christian Louboutin and then the evening at The Stoop in Twickenham for the Rugby Amlin cup final featuring Toulon and Biarritz. The rest of the day was up to me!
Heading into London I disembarked at Tower Hill, for a stroll past the tower and across my favourite bridge towards Butlers Wharf... I snapped some shots of the beautiful roses just beginning to bloom at the tower, the fragrance was delightful and instantly transported me back to me Gramps's rose garden.



Regardless of how many times I visit the area, I love the way that the landscape is constantly evolving, framed perfectly with the Tower, the Gherkin and now the Shard.... Mixing old with new.



As I crossed the bridge a Hercules helicopter flew over, something we are seeing more frequently on the run up to the Jubilee & Olympics.
The design museum is located along the river at Butlers wharf and nestles amongst the converted warehouses.
This place is great for foodies as it houses two great restaurants. Chop House
and Le pont de la tour
Alongside the river it was great to try different features on my camera...



After visiting the exhibition I headed towards London bridge for a brief visit to Borough market. It was great to wander around and the sights and smells are delicious.



I loved the mushroom stall from Turnips and the macaron & meringues... After all the walking a much needed caffeine fix was required, and where else is there to have coffee in Borough market than at Monmouth, which as usual was q'ing out the door, but so worth the wait!



After a brief rest, I headed to Waterloo to get my train out to Hampton Court where I was meeting friends for dinner before an evening at the rugby...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!

Victoria xx

Sunday, 20 May 2012

A day in the City....

Just recently I have upgraded my camera and Friday was my first chance to try it out on an indulgent day off in London....
I had two places to be during the day, an afternoon at the Design Museum for the 20 year celebration of Christian Louboutin and then the evening at The Stoop in Twickenham for the Rugby Amlin cup final featuring Toulon and Biarritz. The rest of the day was up to me!
Heading into London I disembarked at Tower Hill, for a stroll past the tower and across my favourite bridge towards Butlers Wharf... I snapped some shots of the beautiful roses just beginning to bloom at the tower, the fragrance was delightful and instantly transported me back to me Gramps's rose garden.



Regardless of how many times I visit the area, I love the way that the landscape is constantly evolving, framed perfectly with the Tower, the Gherkin and now the Shard.... Mixing old with new.



As I crossed the bridge a Hercules helicopter flew over, something we are seeing more frequently on the run up to the Jubilee & Olympics.
The design museum is located along the river at Butlers wharf and nestles amongst the converted warehouses.
This place is great for foodies as it houses two great restaurants. Chop House
and Le pont de la tour
Alongside the river it was great to try different features on my camera...



After visiting the exhibition I headed towards London bridge for a brief visit to Borough market. It was great to wander around and the sights and smells are delicious.



I loved the mushroom stall from Turnips and the macaron & meringues... After all the walking a much needed caffeine fix was required, and where else is there to have coffee in Borough market than at Monmouth, which as usual was q'ing out the door, but so worth the wait!



After a brief rest, I headed to Waterloo to get my train out to Hampton Court where I was meeting friends for dinner before an evening at the rugby...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!

Victoria xx