I have already shared one of my favourite reads Ali Mcnamara's Step Back in Time here's some of my other favourites.
- Tangled Lives - Hilary Boyd Lizzie Delancey is a 50 something mum who holds a secret, at the age of 18 she gave her son up for adoption. 32 years later an official envelope pops through the door, her son wants to meet her. Having kept this secret from her 2 grown daughters and son she has to tell them... This starts a journey with Lizzie filled with love, angst, heartache and tangled family lives. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, loved Lizzie, Daniel her adopted son, and the story it tells.
- Before I met you - Lisa Jewel Betty Dean has spent most of her life on the island of Guernsey now in her 20's she embarks on a journey in Soho London, tracing the life of her beloved grandmother Arlette who unknown to all had lived & worked in London in the 1920's ... This book is beautiful, swinging between the 20's & 90's its a journey of love, lost & found. If the recent jazz era of Downtown Abbey has intrigued you then this book is for you... Heartbreaking & heartwarming all in one book.
- Cupcakes at Carringtons Alexandra Brown . Georgie runs the luxury bag concession at Carrington’s Department store in the pretty seaside town of Mulberry Bay. Her best friend runs the cupcake parlour within the store and her spending constraints means her only treat of the day is a red velvet cupcake with butter cream icing. Carrington’s goes into a recession-busting makeover and soon Georgie is fighting not only for her job, but also for the attentions 2men! ... I loved this book, it features, cupcakes, Mulberry and yummy men... I read this book when undergoing some change at work and it really hit the mark!... Can't wait for the Christmas follow-up
- Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop ~ Abby Clements ...Imogen and Anna unexpectedly inherit their grandmother Vivien's ice cream parlour, The Brighton shop is a seafront institution, but while it's big on charm but very low on customers. Leaving Imogen in charge of the refurbishments, Anna heads to Italy for an icecream cookery course.This is a lovely book filled with charm, family and ice-cream flavours to drool over. It will make you want to spend a day in a bygone era of Brighton. .. And run away to Italy.... With a couple of delicious men and a vintage ice-cream van & recipes thrown into the mix its a scrumptious treat.
- Billy and me - Giovanna Fletcher Sophie lives a quiet life in a small village of Kent, one day a handsome man comes to her rescue in the tea shop where she works. Unknown to Sophie the handsome man is Billy Buskin actor/teenage heartthrob, who is filming nearby. Billy & Sophie fall in love, and this book shares there journey from village to the city life of London. Sophie's insecurities manifest as she leaves her comfort zone of home behind, with Billy's global success growing .. Can their love survive. I really enjoyed this book, Sophie at times caused me some irritation but the relationship with Molly the owner of the tea shop is beautiful. It did make me cry on the train... So have a hanky handy!..
- Amelia Greys Fireside Dreams - Abby Clements Amelia has always dreamed of a life in the country alongside husband Jack. Buying a cottage she hasn't set foot inside, soon makes that dream a reality. As Amelia begins the refurbishment and strips back the wallpaper & floors she learns about the previous owner and the secrets the cottage holds. With a teenage step sister thrust upon them and 2 hunky grandsons from the previous owner thrown in, Very soon they realise the project is much bigger than what they both expected... straining their relationship & finances. This is a lovely read, it weaves lots of subjects into the story and you will fall in love with the cottage... Perfect autumn read.