Sunday, 20 May 2012

A day of Shoes & Thighs ..part 2

Friday afternoon saw me leaving London and the shoe part of my day behind and heading out to the picturesque hamlet of Hampton Court. Here I met up with friends for an early supper before heading over to The Stoop, home of Harlequins rugby club, and for that evening the hosts of the Amlin Cup Final.
This years final was between two French favourites, Toulon and Biarritz. On reading that Toulon had made the final and it would be on British soil then a ticket was much sought after.... Why?...any chance of seeing the Rugby god that is Jonny Wilkinson on home grown turf is a treat for any rugby fan.
I have been lucky to see JW in a Newcastle shirt, an England shirt and a Toulon shirt and he never fails to disappoint and obviously would encompass my Thigh part of my day!..



Sitting in LV stand ( no not short for Louis Vuitton ) just on the 22yd line I was surrounded by a mix of fans, lots of French, but equally lots of fans of Jonny's just there to see him play.
Having been to a couple of French games, I was prepared for a very different stand experience, lots of noise, some hostility and the inevitable pitch invasion at the end by the winning team. ( a frequent friday night experience in the French league)



As with many cup games, it wasn't filled with flair or try's, both teams utilising their kicking strengths instead, taking no chances or running with the ball!...



Two sin bins from Toulon ramped on the pressure. 18 points from the boot of Jonny, one of which was his infamous 45yd drop kick goal couldn't win Toulon the game as the impressive boot of Biarritz's Dimitri Yachvilli scoring 21pts to take the game.
It was great to see JW back on British soil and even though Toulon lost, he is still a hero to me!....


My friends were sitting in a different part of the stand and whilst I hurried to my seat and I collided with a French man and dropped my bag. The gentleman who helped me pick up my dropped bag was only the gorgeous


David Ginola... And I need to say Ladies ... Infamous for the L'oreal ads.."he's worth it!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Sunday, 20 May 2012

A day of Shoes & Thighs ..part 2

Friday afternoon saw me leaving London and the shoe part of my day behind and heading out to the picturesque hamlet of Hampton Court. Here I met up with friends for an early supper before heading over to The Stoop, home of Harlequins rugby club, and for that evening the hosts of the Amlin Cup Final.
This years final was between two French favourites, Toulon and Biarritz. On reading that Toulon had made the final and it would be on British soil then a ticket was much sought after.... Why?...any chance of seeing the Rugby god that is Jonny Wilkinson on home grown turf is a treat for any rugby fan.
I have been lucky to see JW in a Newcastle shirt, an England shirt and a Toulon shirt and he never fails to disappoint and obviously would encompass my Thigh part of my day!..



Sitting in LV stand ( no not short for Louis Vuitton ) just on the 22yd line I was surrounded by a mix of fans, lots of French, but equally lots of fans of Jonny's just there to see him play.
Having been to a couple of French games, I was prepared for a very different stand experience, lots of noise, some hostility and the inevitable pitch invasion at the end by the winning team. ( a frequent friday night experience in the French league)



As with many cup games, it wasn't filled with flair or try's, both teams utilising their kicking strengths instead, taking no chances or running with the ball!...



Two sin bins from Toulon ramped on the pressure. 18 points from the boot of Jonny, one of which was his infamous 45yd drop kick goal couldn't win Toulon the game as the impressive boot of Biarritz's Dimitri Yachvilli scoring 21pts to take the game.
It was great to see JW back on British soil and even though Toulon lost, he is still a hero to me!....


My friends were sitting in a different part of the stand and whilst I hurried to my seat and I collided with a French man and dropped my bag. The gentleman who helped me pick up my dropped bag was only the gorgeous


David Ginola... And I need to say Ladies ... Infamous for the L'oreal ads.."he's worth it!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: